PB IDE for Blitz3D

Community Forums/Showcase/PB IDE for Blitz3D

RGR(Posted 2015) [#1]
There are several threads lately about new IDEs

In my opinion the value of an IDE is determined by how reliable and flexible autocomplete is, or whether it exists at all and does it *know* more than the basic functions.

After typing 3 chars I want to select (autocomplete) the names of Functions, Variables, Types, Fields, Labels, etc. without typing the complete names. The IDE must preselect Fields of Types automatic, etc.

And in 12 years using Blitz I only found one which has all the mentioned features - the PureBasic IDE.
So I created my complete Blitz programming environment around the PB IDE in 2005.

I had to patch it to make it Blitz compatible, I had to write some tools to convert Blitz to PB syntax and back... but once it was done I wrote programs 5 to 10 times faster than with any other IDE.

No Typos, no looking up used Field names, variable names, etc. Autoindentation
A PreCompiler autoincluding only custom Functions which are actually used.

Added numerous Commands which are managed before Compilation by the PreCompiler like preselecting the used blitz runtime version, replacing the BlitzIcon with a CustomIcon, etc.

Screenshots:

is after PreCompile ... the Icon

gets

Displays only the Fields which fit to the Type

Handles Custom Functions without a UserLib ...

No need to remember or lookup which parameter is needed next in your 2000++ Functions ...

Clicking a Button in the PB-IDE und 1/10 of a second later I get this:

Further Shots:

Jump to Markers with ease

Blitzplotter(Posted 2015) [#2]
nice looking efficient use of an IDE.

Ploppy(Posted 2015) [#3]
Very impressive. It does seem seriously configurable which is a great thing. My personal favorite is visual blitz ide+, it may not be as powerful but it's mainly because I'm used to it.