Blitzer IDE Alpha Release Download (Windows)

Community Forums/Showcase/Blitzer IDE Alpha Release Download (Windows)

Raster Ron(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hey guys,

I would just like to share with you that I released a prototype of my Blitzer IDE Project. This is an alpha demo only, not fully functional but basic editor features are already in place.

- Syntax Hilighting
- Similar menu options with default Blitz Editor
- Common Blitz installation or directory structure
- Future plugin support

Worklog here

Post and Download Link:
Blitzer IDE Alpha Build 120114

cheers.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2015) [#2]
not tried it but it looks good, do you have plans to support intelli and al that good stuff?

Blitzplotter(Posted 2015) [#3]
Looking good! Bit of a long shot - do you plan to make an Android Lite version?

Raster Ron(Posted 2015) [#4]
Hey, thanks guys :)

@coffeedotbean

Yes, I'm planning to add an intellisense or autocomplete feature on future versions.

@Blitzplotter

It's Qt so it is possible, but of course only the IDE in this case. It is a bit of a long shot so I guess the priority at the moment would be for Windows only. As for Blitzmax support (Win/Mac/Linux), it is still in the works and I'm planning to create a separate version, plugin or just configuration to adapt to BMax menus/options.

cheers.

Chapman7(Posted 2015) [#5]
I know this is a weird place to ask this, but how exactly does the licensing for QT work? Do you have to distribute your object file or something weird?

Brucey(Posted 2015) [#6]
QT is LGPL these days, so you are free to include the dlls and do with your app as you want.

Chapman7(Posted 2015) [#7]
I get an error when I try to run it that says 'This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows".'

Raster Ron(Posted 2015) [#8]
Hey Chapman7

Thanks for reporting this issue. It seems that it's just a missing plugin file that I forgot to include. Just download the Qt platform plugin here and place the platforms folder inside the installation path. ie:

Blitzer.exe
platforms/qwindow.dll

also updated the full package.

Good Day