Warheads and Shields

Community Forums/Showcase/Warheads and Shields

Volturna(Posted 2015) [#1]
Testing some firepower :)

Hope you enjoy

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#2]
Cool, so what is the blue stuff ? A kind o shield ?

Volturna(Posted 2015) [#3]
Yes it's a shield local placed... Shields are not global (ex: Shield_HP). Players will have to place them to defend some parts of the ship rather than others, since damage inflicted is local too, and some parts of the ship are vital while others aren't.

I'll building a Shield Console so shields can be turn off/on to manage energy drain.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2015) [#4]
fancy rockets at the end there, is this some kind of tower defence?

Volturna(Posted 2015) [#5]
The only thing that behaves like a tower defence is the sentry system (still not at 100%). Player can place sentrys over the ship hull to auto-defend against drones attacks. Drones have their 'auto-pilot' system, so it's kinda a tower defence. Apart from that player does not have a static role. He has full controll of the ship and every weapon. Camera works in a 3rd Person Shooter, so it will be easy to aim at targets.

Some printscreens to clean up that video low quality:

degac(Posted 2015) [#6]
Very nice!
I like the buiding thing (armor, weapons and shield!)
And of course the 'total attack' at the end of the video

Volturna(Posted 2015) [#7]
I'm glad you like it :)

I've been working for the past days on a battle engine that calculates the damage taken by every shield vs warheads impacts, and it's more confuse than i thought.

For every Captain\Ship there is a NEURAL NET for the player to evolve. Every time a player levels up he gains a ammount of points to spend on perks/abilities.

At the moment i'm just working on Shields and Warheads, so i ask for your advice on some cool names for the above perks/abilities:

SHIELDS
S.1 - adds a % of max hit points shields;
S.2 - reduces a % of the cooldown (shields will only regenerate HP after some time without beeing hit);
S.3 - adds a % of hit points regeneration;

WARHEADS
W.1 - adds a % to max warhead range;
W.2 - adds a % to warhead speed (it travels faster);
W.3 - adds a % to warhead damage;
W.4 - adds a % to hit precision;
W.5 - adds a % to critical chance;
W.6 - adds a % to critical bonus damage (shields take no critical damage).

Feel free to suggest another perks/abilities if you want.

Xilvan(Posted 2015) [#8]
Fantastic space game ! Fun
gameplay and more.

I really like your game !