mach.mod: Building a stronger foundation for BMax

Community Forums/Showcase/mach.mod: Building a stronger foundation for BMax

Pineapple(Posted 2015) [#1]
For a few months now I've been working on a full replacement for the BlitzMax native libraries. I intend to produce something that's more stable, more complete, and better documented than the BRL modules. I'm hoping to spark some interest in my project, which can be found here: https://github.com/pineapplemachine/mach.mod

Brucey(Posted 2015) [#2]
Interesting :-)

You could probably do with fixing the modules that aren't "proper" modules. I'll raise them as a bug...

Are your enumerations, Eachin friendly?

Pineapple(Posted 2015) [#3]
It's a little easier to test modules while they aren't declared as such, the ones that aren't proper modules yet are ones that require more testing or general effort before I feel they're fit for it.

Yep, enumerations are EachIn friendly. I also introduced a function I think is immensely handy, and that is Enumerator.get(x). It allows you to enumerate over anything that is enumerable, so long as some function for returning an enumerator for it has been registered. Enumerator implementations can also have methods like hasprev() and previtem(), and others for modifying the target during enumeration such as add() and remove().

for local item:object = eachin Enumerator.get( who_knows_what_this_is_but_hey_maybe_it_can_be_enumerated_lets_find_out )
    dostuff( item )
next

Hardcoal(Posted 2015) [#4]
Your work is holy