Rover on Mars II by Yue.

Community Forums/Showcase/Rover on Mars II by Yue.

Yue(Posted 2015) [#1]

Well, I continued with my odyssey to make a game , I had nothing to show because I'm trying to do as much as possible ordered the code and although I have the moving vehicle torment me the idea of ​​thinking that does not like is that this works, ie damping is not to apply to wheels and stuff like that .

In this case show the quality of the shadows , between lower shadow ( Rover left ) is more serrated edges and casts no shadow sombre itself . High quality ( Rover law ) shades the same model and depending on the quality ( 1x, x2 etc ) shade is smoother around the edges and has a little more than display range .

Greetings .

xlsior(Posted 2015) [#2]
Looking good

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#3]
Wow. Amazing Yue. Self shading and individual suspension on the wheels.
Can not even imagine how you accomplished that.

The only self shading I ever seen was in Fastlibs, but only under a very controlled and limited environment.

Good job!

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#4]
@Rick>>If you want to see very nice self shadowing, try DSS (devil shadow system), i have rarely seen games with such beautiful shadows (from memory : blade of darkness, deus ex 2, condemned 1).
The downside is that it does not work with highly detailed casters or with transparent texture casters (like small branches and leaves)

Yue(Posted 2015) [#5]
@RemiD
I believe That The Devil Shadow System does not work correctly in Windows 8, and presents some adj Problem on Windows 7. I am right?

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#6]
@Yue>>I have tested it on different computers with Windows XP, with Windows Vista, with Windows 7, with Windows 8, and it worked well.
There are glitches with some computers like very old computers or netbooks (probably because of too old or incompatible graphics card...).
I will post a simple demo tomorrow so that you can test it.

Oh and there are others limits with DSS :
->you can only have one light which casts shadows per scene (at least with the initial lib, but there may be a way to do one render per area (each area having its own light, its own casters, its own receivers, and draw one render over the others))
->you cannot use a blitz3d terrain as a receiver (because the mesh is not accessible)

Yue(Posted 2015) [#7]
Sounds interesting, I try Shadow, hope para show him. Maybe I Can Mix both systems, Devil Sahdows and shadow map.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#8]
Ah, remember now: that's why I didn't consider it: no blitz terrain(which I happen to love) shading.

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#9]
To be honest, shadows with DSS are not easy to use compared to shadows with Fastext, but the result can look better for an omnilight. Fastext is more for a directionallight or a spotlight.

others constraints of shadows with DSS :
->the casters must be closed meshes (there must not be holes, no visible "backfaces")
->the casters must be low tris or it will be slow, so in the case of rocks, a rover, some buildings, some broken ships/vehicles/devices, it would be ok, but the casters must be a low tris version of the renderers...
->skinned animated meshes are not supported (because it is impossible to access the global position of vertices during an animation)
->animated meshes can be supported if bodyparts/vehicleparts are set as childs of the appropriate joints in code inside blitz3d. (because in this case it is possible to access the global position of vertices during an animation)

Yue(Posted 2015) [#10]
Think I better leave it as I have

Yue(Posted 2015) [#11]
5000 rocks max number on terrain.

Yue(Posted 2015) [#12]
New System Loading.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#13]
Wow really looking pretty Yue. Can we download a new demo for test driving?