Game With No Name 2

Community Forums/Showcase/Game With No Name 2

AdamStrange(Posted 2015) [#1]
Needed to start a new entry as the gifs were slowing down entry - I'll keep things smaller from now on :)

OK, quick update:
I'm working on Game mechanics and tutorial levels.
This is really bringing all the elements together, adding scores, working out how thing operate.
Each map is procedurally generated (from a known text seed), then unique extras are added. Different things have different score values, and there are 3 bonus badges to collect on each map. Bonus badges can either be picked up - some are lying around, or awards when you have done something...

in the water lives a seemonster that eat chickens and will deduct life points if you hang around - there is also some other animations that trigger every now and then.

Control has been added to the core allowing both keyboard and joystick. And both can be configured, although I haven't created any menu system as yet

the landscape can be reshaped by throwing tnt to get rid of one block. getting rid of 2 blocks allows you to grow a block so you can use this mechanism to get to other unreachable areas.

The 3d font system is a complete success. definitely surpassing anything I thought possible. Especially as it was a simple tweak to the 3d editor to implement

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#2]
That's a pitty, loved the animated gif's.

AdamStrange(Posted 2015) [#3]
OK, now worries - they will just be smaller :)
And here's one for you:
What do you get if your cross a chicken with TNT?

mmmm - finger lickin good! I wonder how I get the Bargain Bucket Bonus?

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#4]
lol

AdamStrange(Posted 2015) [#5]
So I've got the map start, now I need a map complete: