Star Rogue (playable monkeyX html5 alpha demo)

Community Forums/Showcase/Star Rogue (playable monkeyX html5 alpha demo)

*(Posted 2015) [#1]
Here is a very early WIP demo of the new Star Rogue game

Controls are:
Mouse controls, Left to turn to mouse cursor, right to shoot at mouse cursor (no lasers yet)
Cursor Up/Down: Change speed
Z, X: adjust zoom
J: Jumpdrive (hold to jump faster upto 100x speed)
Space:Flight lock so no need to hold left mouse to turn

Mouse to aim, there is no shooting yet as I wanted to get the renderer down properly so it works. This version runs at 60% of the speed of the GLFW version which I will also be releasing a demo of soon.

This is the monkeyX version of the game :)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2015) [#2]
Edzup,

its running well here on my Asus, looking promising, good work with Monkey ;)

*(Posted 2015) [#3]
Well it shows no matter the language ya can always make something with it :)

This is early alpha but I will add to it as time goes on :)

*(Posted 2015) [#4]
New version uploaded.

This one has the debris field around the unknown wormhole and the nebula is the correct colour. Also the demo mode now loads from the correct directory.

*(Posted 2015) [#5]
Now with piccies ;)

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#6]
Perhaps add a moving starfield in the back, so you get more the illusion of flight/movement? Happy Easter.

*(Posted 2015) [#7]
*NEW VERSION UPLOADED*

I have adjusted the top first post to reflect the new changes, the new adjustments are Aradis 1 and Aradis 1a are scaled to correct size. Also there is a new flight control system so its mouse controlled and analogue.

This new flight mode is much better than the old one and will make the game much more easy to play, jumpdrive has been adjusted too now you have to accelerate to top speed then engage jump BUT as you hold the jump key down the jump accelerates upto 100 times your max speed. I added this as getting to Aradis 1 was taking to long and some systems could be 2000 times bigger than that small distance.

@Rick Nasher: there is space dust in the back ground unfortunately if you zoom out its not that obvious, will look to see if there is something else I can add.

EDIT:Added new controls 'V' for velocity lock and Tab for afterburners this will allow you to change direction whilst velocity locked.