Right Enlightenment ?

Community Forums/Showcase/Right Enlightenment ?

Yue(Posted 2015) [#1]

What would be the lighting more similar to Martian terrain ?

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#2]
I think you pretty much got it right.

Yue(Posted 2015) [#3]
What I want to know if the lighting above or below is correct .

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2015) [#4]
Lighting looks good to me, Yue! :)

Yasha(Posted 2015) [#5]
You should read this and this, if you haven't already.

What colour Mars is is a difficult question to give a straight answer to. What colour you should use probably depends on what you want to represent - as the second article says, a human on Mars would probably find their vision ended up recalibrating for the different sunlight, and end up seeing something quite different from what a robot-mimicing-human-vision would see, or from what a newcomer or Earth-based viewer would see. So if your simulation is of a remotely-controlled rover, your current balance is probably OK, but if it's of human astronauts landing on the planet, it should probably be more blue.

Ploppy(Posted 2015) [#6]
Nice. Certainly seems very marsy. Well done. I don't know personally how close the lighting is from the reality of it all but from an artistic point of view it definately suggests a martian landscape to the average punter.

I love that fog/dust effect you have going there too, really adds to the atmophere of it.

Yue(Posted 2015) [#7]
Thanks for the feedback, I am aware that I have to learn something new every day and that things can improve.
Now that I've taken over the project is much easier and also fun doing things, quite possibly this year if you make a game :)