Animated water and doors

Community Forums/Showcase/Animated water and doors

AdamStrange(Posted 2015) [#1]
Derron asken about animated water. so here is some:

There are a number of different type of water from sludge and mud to clear. More will be added and each can be coloured for further modding.

The logic for the doors is now operational:

Note the room beyond gets hidden if the door is closed!

Derron(Posted 2015) [#2]
@Water

Is the water movement procedural or an repeating animation?
The water spill looks a bit odd (white-ish and black-ish as if it is only water-foam like on the oceans).

@Door
I like the "hidden room" thingy. Maybe you should think of lowering the room to 5 or 10% - so that nothing is really "distinguishable" but maybe you can imagine how the room looks.
This is even more needed for the portion left and right of the door (the wall blocks are hidden too).

Also the door moves right through the ground plate of the dwarf ... maybe figure should niceley/smooth move back and forth to make place for the door (might even improve the "board game" style).

bye
Ron

AdamStrange(Posted 2015) [#3]
the water is procedural

Blitzplotter(Posted 2015) [#4]
Very nice Adam.

Hardcoal(Posted 2015) [#5]
Uhhhh very sexy adam

AdamStrange(Posted 2015) [#6]
very sexy adam

Got to say I love that comment - hehehe

Just working on particles. The previous particle editor has stopped working (opengl stuff) so I'm taking all the internals and adding them directly into the engine.

One thing to note is I am using only one texture for all the drawing - admittedly it stores multiple textures. but all the models use the same texture. Sort of inverse texture mapping:
1. Heres' the only texture you get
2. Here's the tools to texture map it onto any model