Micro Sprint [Re-Published]

Community Forums/Showcase/Micro Sprint [Re-Published]

Stevie G(Posted 2014) [#1]
I've re published this on Itch.io for those who may be interested.

The recommended price is £2.99. You can set this to £0.00 if you've previously purchased from Indievania or if you're a miserable git ;)

http://stevieg.itch.io/micro-sprint

Schlachtwerk(Posted 2014) [#2]
Ha ha a 2mhz Processor i hope it is not 2 fast on my PC ^^

Min requirements:

Win XP, 2mhz Processor, 2GB Ram, 256MB Graphics Card, DX7.0 and above.

ervin(Posted 2014) [#3]
Looks fantastic!

Purchased! Can't wait to play it.

Chalky(Posted 2014) [#4]
Purchased too. Brilliant fun - love your graphical style - but just as well I don't have to keep putting my car back on the track (early indications are that I'm totally rubbish at playing it!)...

Stevie G(Posted 2014) [#5]
Many thanks folks!

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2014) [#6]
I just re-purchased again, glad to see you back on here!!!

On a side note...Did you plan on releasing a track editor for this?

Stevie G(Posted 2014) [#7]
Thanks Daniel.

No plans re track editor as it's not used friendly and would take some time to do. Priorities and all that. Some day maybe.

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2014) [#8]
If it's gonna make Polymaniacs take longer than a track editor can definitely wait >:^) LOL

Chalky(Posted 2014) [#9]
@Stevie G: Runs like a dog in full screen on my Dell Inspiron 5521 via on-board Intel as well as plug-in (AMD Radeon 8500M/8700M) card [1-5 fps estimated]. Runs fine in windowed mode. Also crashes (cleanly - with "unable to set graphics mode") if 16bit selected instead of 32bit.

Utterly fantastic game - amazing how much fun can be had with only one key!

Stevie G(Posted 2014) [#10]
Thanks Chalky. Me and a few mates religiously play it every week on a big telly using wii nunchucks for that authentic Scalextric feel. Speed Freak, Elimination and Zoned Out are great in local multiplayer.

Is the Dell a windows 8 OS as I may have compiled using a B3d version which doesn't have the win8 fix? While it looks 2d it's actually 3d so you would need a reasonable card to run it. I don't think I detect whether you can't have 16bit graphics. Will look into that.

Thanks for the feedback.
Stevie

Chalky(Posted 2014) [#11]
Yes - Dell is a Windows 8.1 rig - sorry, should have said that before.

Chalky(Posted 2015) [#12]
Think I might have found a small bug...

After changing the accelerate control to "UP-ARROW", and selecting "SPECTATOR" mode, I later found myself stuck in spectator mode even after selecting "1 PLAYER". I eventually discovered that "CONTROL1" had been set to "-208" in Options.ini - which, once changed to "200" restored the 1-player game. Despite my best efforts I have been unable to make this happen again - if I can work out the sequence required to cause it, I will update this post.

Btw: Am I right in thinking those TV displays are displaying an actual 3D view of the circuit as viewed from one of the car's cockpit?

Stevie G(Posted 2015) [#13]
Nah, that's not a bug - it's a feature.

Firstly you must have hit 'down arrow' - key 208. Also, in the Control Setup you have to hit the same key to alternate the 'function' between 'Accelerate' and 'Brake'. You must have just hit the key once and set it to 'Brake'. This will set the control in the options.ini to -208. When the function is 'Brake' the car brakes when you press that key and accelerates when you release - the opposite of the norm. It was designed as an accessibility option incase anyone found it hard to hold the key down for too long.

Aye, the TV displays are an actual 3d view of the circuit. It's quite a simple affect. If you look closely you can see a TV within a TV etc... and although the cars are too small to notice, the driver and front wheels do actually move, not just on the TV screens. I guess if you had it playing in a 1920 x 1080 resolution you may be able to just make this out? You can see the TV effect better by driving slowly in Ghost Attack mode.

Chalky(Posted 2015) [#14]
Ah ok - I could well have pressed down-arrow at some point - sorry.

The 3D is really cool - I only really appreciated what was going on when I zoomed in whilst a spectator - with superb little 3D cars which are not obvious from the default view. I know you say it's a simple effect - but it's extremely effective.

Ian Thompson(Posted 2015) [#15]
Aye, the TV displays are an actual 3d view of the circuit. It's quite a simple affect. If you look closely you can see a TV within a TV etc... and although the cars are too small to notice, the driver and front wheels do actually move, not just on the TV screens. I guess if you had it playing in a 1920 x 1080 resolution you may be able to just make this out? You can see the TV effect better by driving slowly in Ghost Attack mode.

Great attention to detail! :D