Dungeon Progress 2

Community Forums/Showcase/Dungeon Progress 2

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#1]
Yep, further progress has been made with the basic bitmap engine now operational along with zooming and 1st person view:

After comments about HeroQuest I've been on a long voyage of discovery with Warhammer, Warhammer Quest, HeroQuest. So expect some form of integration Re Gameplay...

Multi-texturing is supported, all textures low res and contained in a single small bitmap. Material system online next along with lighting effects.

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#2]

After comments about HeroQuest I've been on a long voyage of discovery with Warhammer, Warhammer Quest, HeroQuest. So expect some form of integration Re Gameplay...

So this means turn by turn gameplay with dices ?

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#3]
So this means turn by turn gameplay with dices ?

Not been decided. I'm up for any suggestions/thought?

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#4]
I don't have anything to suggest, i am curious about what you will do because i am making a similar project but probably with a different gameplay. (more like rune, blade of darkness, shadow of rome)

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#5]
I spent a huge amount of time with level generation with several different methods giving different results.
But... I quickly found that I could generate great levels, but there was no structure to quests, etc.
So I needed a better way of defining a tree to construct the level and the quests can then be inserted into this. It also means that keys work correctly with blocked off areas.

I'm currently looking into card based map generation

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#6]

So I needed a better way of defining a tree to construct the level and the quests can then be inserted into this.

I had the exact same problem, huge level but with empty and pointless rooms...

A better approach may be to define a role for each room, and generate the floors walls ceilings after having generated the containers, furnitures, machines, tools, accessories etc...
This may also help to make the ai more credible.