GPSFunRunner3D - Installation fun

Community Forums/Showcase/GPSFunRunner3D - Installation fun

Blitzplotter(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi folks,

I have uploaded a demo of a GPS training device comparator at the following link:

download link 25 MB

link to download webpage

Please note, I have now incorporated a debug file which records which paths the program is using during the Import Data part of the programs execution, the debug file is stored at:

C:Users\{userName}\My Documents\GPSRunner\DEBUG\debug_paths.txt

I'd appreciate any copies of your debug_paths.txt file being posted in this thread - after you have pressed the IMPORT button on the initial interface - thanks.

This will hopefully allow me to address the installation path issues I've been having to date.

1-use the Import Data button to import a tcx file

(Please note, after pressing Import Data, there is currently debug in place which requires any key to be pressed to progress.... I'm hoping to do away with debug shortly ;))
2-then start the Blitz3D generated 3D data viewer using 'Open3D Data Viewer'
3-then press 'start'
4-then the green and purple runners should run ?

5-switch the 'pace mode' ON button to see the life force decrement

There's a website I'm slowly putting together which details the project:

http://www.gpsrunner.co.uk

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#2]
Hi,

The debug file exists but is empty so :

Blitzplotter(Posted 2014) [#3]
Hi RemiD, really appreciate the feedback. Your feedback is invaluable, could I ask you to try and execute the Import button a second time, it would appear my application has managed to deposit the debug path.txt file in order for it to be written to, this does not forgive the fact the installation script I'm using may have some limitations. I'm trying to overcome them, it is proving tough though.

I may invoke logic to auto re-run the Import routine once I have evidence that my B3D executable is handling the script installation misgivings.

[Edit] I also have some code suggested by BlitzSupport earlier today for additional consideration, this community is second to none for support ;)

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#4]
The screenshot was taken after the second time i clicked the import button because the first time i closed the window to take a look at the debug file.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2014) [#5]
Thanks for letting me know RemiD, onwards and upwards ;) Spent some time this afternoon implementing the debug file, it's good to know it's not being written to.