8 Bit Zombie Survival 3D

Community Forums/Showcase/8 Bit Zombie Survival 3D

Crimson(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi! I'm working on old school zombie shooter in blitz3D.
You can find alpha version on GameJolt

Cheers!!!

Yan(Posted 2014) [#2]
Ha, excellent. :o)

I loved 8-bit killer too. I'll have play of this later.

GW(Posted 2014) [#3]
Pretty cool.
I noticed that the mousehit only registers about half the time. making combat 2x harder.

Crimson(Posted 2014) [#4]
every thing is fine with mousehit, you need to wait for attack animation to finish

Krischan(Posted 2014) [#5]
Hmm funny. I want to play this in 2560x1440 resolution for better graphics quality ;-)

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#6]
Pretty neat actually. Love the blocky alpha overlay - great touch. Makes it so retro-like at the same time. Nice job.

Chalky(Posted 2014) [#7]
Very neat indeed - although the block overlay made my eyes hurt very quickly. I know you say there's nothing wrong with the collision detection, but having to "wait for attack animation to finish" resulted in me exiting the game after I kept dying despite [apparently] slashing my attacker repeatedly while they stood right in front of me.

Crimson(Posted 2014) [#8]
this game is not easy. You can't rush in and go berserk on everything. Its oldschool style game. all the oldschool shooters were really hard. also killing a zombie in a real life is propably not so easy ;) but the good news is that 5 min in game you can find a gun.

therevills(Posted 2014) [#9]
Just played it for 10 mins or so, I like it!

I managed to get the pistol(?), but died soon afterwards :)

With attacking using the axe I didn't mind waiting for the animation to finish and my method for killing the zombies was walking backwards and swinging the axe ;)

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#10]
Cool demo, i like it :)
2 things that i have found weird :
-impossibility to protect
-impossibility to open all doors

Good luck for the next steps !

Crimson(Posted 2014) [#11]
here is, also writen in b3d, my level editor for this game. what do you think about it?

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#12]
What a brilliant editor - excellent stuff :)

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#13]
I agree, it must've taken you just as long to program the editor as the game itself (gui included). Very advanced, responsive and user-friendly it seems....

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#14]
Good editor indeed. Well done :)

Can you confirm that the fake windows and fake doors are only textured quad meshes ? They seem to be...

Crimson(Posted 2014) [#15]
Thanks. Yes, doors, windows and almost everything is textured quad meshes, cheers

BlitzSupport(Posted 2014) [#16]
Lovely art style and really cool editor!

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#17]
Ok thanks.

Doggie(Posted 2014) [#18]
Oh...mouse "hit" I read it wrong at first.
Never mind.