GPSFunRunner 3D - Feedback requested

Community Forums/Showcase/GPSFunRunner 3D - Feedback requested

Blitzplotter(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi folks,

would appreciate any feedback you have on a little HTML5 website I slung together:--

The program itself is written in Blitz 3D.

http://www.gpsrunner.co.uk/Videos.html

The you tube video that is embedded into the above URL:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/2G2ss3n_rIs

Cheers,

Blitzplotter

Blitzplotter(Posted 2014) [#2]

Hmmm, can anyone post where the forum codes are to embed a you tube video - cheers!

Krischan(Posted 2014) [#3]
Umm, when you post or reply there is always in the line above the text box a link to the (forum codes)

I think you're looking for the {youtube 2G2ss3n_rIs} code, where {} = []

Looks interesting, but I prefer "no sports", only sometimes some hiking when there is really nice weather ;-)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2014) [#4]
Cheers Krischan, appreciate the feedback, my children said I sounded like a newscaster ;)

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#5]
Personally i think that the video is well made, the images are detailed enough to see what is going on on the screen and the audios are understandable enough and you don't hesitate when you speak and you are brief, which imo is good.
However, no offense, but i don't see the point of this app for a runner.
Wouldn't it be more useful to have a list of places/circuits where to run ?
I suppose that for a runner, what is really important is the "purity" of the air, so circuits could be made depending on that.
Maybe you could build a website and a community around that...

Anyway the app seems functional, good work for that :)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2014) [#6]
Remid, thanks for the feedback. I suppose I get benefit from having and additional incentive to keep my Heart rate below 140bpm, however even with pseudo runners being turned into zombies if you exceed the threshold set within the user interface, I tend to have to push it to achieve sub 10 min mile pace these days. I suppose my goal is to finish my 4.3 mile route without the life force depleted markers rearing themselves.

Zombies is overstating the case though, the runners just take on a Gray ish colour.

Thanks also for the suggestion about the routes and a website in that vein ;)

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#7]
I think i misunderstood the goal of the app. Sorry for that.

What does the life force represent ? Your energy reserves ?

Personnally, when i train i appreciate to watch motivating scenes from movies/video games and read/listen to motivating quotes before the training, and listen to motivating music during the training. It somehow "gives me energy".

So, to improve such kind of app what i would do is to add sounds (comments, quotes) which encourage the user when his new run is worst than the past ones, and which congratulate the user when his new run is better than the past ones. This way the user will be more motivated for his next runs.
Also maybe add some sound effects when a part of a performance is really good, and maybe add some motivating music in the background.

Good luck !

Blitzplotter(Posted 2014) [#8]
The life force is kind of related to energy reserves. Thing is, my main goal was to produce something that would help with a tendency to try and prevent over exertion (which can be as bad as no training), and also allow for racing myself akin to racing car games. It was an idea I had that I really didn't think would make it quite so far. Anything is possible with Blitz 3D ;). Thanks for the additional comments. Also, the life force element was inspired by Stephen Kings short story, The Long Walk, which my son happened to be reading recently.

I also like to run to motivational music whilst running. Adding sound effects when performance is really good sounds interesting, cheers for the suggestions.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2014) [#9]
(Edit)

Trial download will be available soon...

Cheers, BP.