Blitz Hardwired - DX9 and DX11 Userlib (Part IX)

Community Forums/Showcase/Blitz Hardwired - DX9 and DX11 Userlib (Part IX)

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hello all, hope everyone is well. Am glad to be able to spend a little time on HW, have not had much of an occasion recently, but things should improve from september when kids go back to school. Anyway, partly thanks to Mark's b3d source, I have made some good progress with my collision routines. Please see update - New worklog entry

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#2]
Good to see that, but(here comes the downer in an already rainy summer): dxcollisions.bb is giving me: Function 'dxEntityCollided' not found..

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#3]
Yep, sorry, forgot to upload. Try again, it should work now...

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#4]
More collision stuff - ***New functions***

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#5]
Yup, now works, except for the polygon collision as you stated.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#6]
These work even on DirectX 11 ?, I can only do tests on DirectX 9.

Greetings.

MadJack(Posted 2014) [#7]
Ploppy.

You da man.

I know B3d's collisions became prone to failure the further collision objects were from 0,0,0 - although we're talking very large distances (10,000+ blitz units). And with mesh collisions, detection between very large polys colliding with small polys was also prone to fail.

Same I expect with HW?

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#8]

And with mesh collisions, detection between very large polys colliding with small polys was also prone to fail.

Can you please show us an example of this bug. I am curious.
Thanks,

MadJack(Posted 2014) [#9]
Can you please show us an example of this bug. I am curious.
Sorry - I don't have the time RD. If Ploppy wants an example, then I'll code one up.

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#10]
When you have some time, please show us an example.

The only bug that i have found with the blitz3d collision system, and i don't think it is a bug, is if the first movement of a collider ellipsoid is greater than its radius, it may go through a collidable mesh.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#11]
@Yue, the collision system does work in dx11 mode. However you won't be able to see that very well changing the mode on the demo, for I haven't yet programmed the dx11 shader to change diffuse material colors - so everything appears grey. But collisions do work in any case...

@MadJack - Yes, I was going to ask for an example too. However, I can see that it is perhaps possible. It kind of seems logic seen the maths involved (a pythagoras sqaure-root function for example is very likely to lose a little precision being cut-off by the 24 bits that a 32-bit floater offers), some precision is bound to be lost within an finite number during certain operations. My collision functions are a mix of the b3d algorithms, stuff I got off the net and my own code, so the method is not the same as b3d and calculations and do not necessarily follow the same order/formula, though the final result is the same. What is however similar between hardwired and b3d is that they both use 32-bit floating point values for the maths. I may convert my code to a more precise 64-bit floating point format to increase precision, if you can show me it's really an issue.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#12]
New worklog entry

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#13]
I have decided to create a HW dedicated page on facebook. Please feel free to subscribe and/or like...

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#14]
Appreciate the update. Not a facebooker though, so my like is coming from here.

MadJack(Posted 2014) [#15]
Ok - so the code below isn't related to collision failure due to poly size etc, but it's a bit puzzling.

Rather than drop down gradually and hit the cube, the sphere suddenly teleports down into contact. Rem out the DXCollisions command to see the sphere move as you might expect.

dxDebugLoudAndHarsh 

dxGraphics3D 640, 480, 0, 2

light = dxCreateLight(1,0)
dxRotateEntity light, 70, 0, 0,True

Camera = dxCreateCamera(0)
dxPositionEntity Camera, 0,0,-12,True

Ball = dxCreateSphere(32,0)
dxEntityColor Ball, 0,255,0
dxMoveEntity Ball,1,5,0

FloorMesh = dxCreateCube(0)
dxEntityColor FloorMesh, 255,127,0

dxPositionMesh FloorMesh, 0,-3,0
dxScaleMesh FloorMesh, 6, 1, 1
dxRotateMesh FloorMesh, 0,0,5

; Setup Collisions
dxEntityType Ball, 1,1
dxEntityType FloorMesh, 2,1
dxCollisions 1, 2, 2, 2

dxWireframe 1

countdown = 0

; Main loop
Repeat

countdown = countdown + 1
	If countdown  > 6000 Then dxMoveEntity Ball, 0,-0.0001,0

dxUpdateWorld	0	

dxRenderWorld 0

dxFlip 0

Until KeyHit(1)
End

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#16]
Hi, like I said in my worklog, collisions are only 90% complete. Polygon collisions will for the moment give unexpected results. So I am aware, but am working on it.

MadJack(Posted 2014) [#17]
p

Sorry about that - just ran using ellipse to box collision and it appeared to work as expected.

However, there does seem to be a problem with dxRotateEntity?
The code below sees the cube lose it's non-proportional scaling and return to 6x6x6 size when it should just rotate.

dxDebugLoudAndHarsh 

dxGraphics3D 640, 480, 0, 2

light = dxCreateLight(1,0)
dxRotateEntity light, 70, 0, 0,True

Camera = dxCreateCamera(0)
dxPositionEntity Camera, 0,0,-12,True

FloorMesh = dxCreateCube(0)

dxScaleEntity FloorMesh, 6, 1, 1,1

dxWireframe 1

countdown# = 0

Repeat

countdown = countdown + 0.00001
	dxRotateEntity FloorMesh, 0,0,countdown ,1

dxUpdateWorld	0	

dxRenderWorld 0

dxFlip 0

Until KeyHit(1)
End

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#18]
Thanx for the bug report MadJack. Indeed, your little example showed me right away (don't forget to use dxKeyHit by the way and not KeyHit) what I did wrong, a little matrix error. I have now corrected and uploaded fixed version. Nice work, any more bugs (and there are plenty) feel free to let me know. Cheers.

virtlands(Posted 2014) [#19]
@Ploppy :
I have decided to create a HW dedicated page on facebook....

Ploppy's Facebook :: https://www.facebook.com/BlitzHardwired

You can put Hardwired on DELICIOUS too. ::
Here's my delicious , --> https://delicious.com/ici11

virtlands(Posted 2014) [#20]
I just had a wild idea, ... now that Blitz3D is free and open-source code,

[A] Ploppy may, (if he wants to) create a special version of the Blitz3D IDE which already includes all his DirectX code embedded in it.
[B] Therefore, no DECLS file is needed, and probably no DLL file is needed.
[C] The project would require Visual C++ 6.0, DirectX7 SDK & DirectX9 SDK.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#21]
That's nice & all, Virtlands, but without a DLL, we can't use the DLL in other systems such as Purebasic, or dare I say, *shudders*, DarkBasic Pro.

virtlands(Posted 2014) [#22]
I see, I forgot about the need for DLL portability.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#23]
Yea, sorry to burst your bubble, but unfortunately that's the way programs / libraries are. :/

MadJack(Posted 2014) [#24]
How are the vertex deformation commands looking? All good?

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#25]
I'm speculating here, but even though: Ploppy may or may not still decide to release the long awaited, unofficial "Blitz3D V2.0(HardWired: DX9/11)" (I think he'd like that, deducting from previous comments). But he'll probably release the DLL first, to serve everyone; Blitz3D, Plus and Max alike(and for Pure/Dark basic if you like to do it).
To me that would make more sense.

@Ploppy: please correct me if I'm wrong(when you feel compelled to do so of course, I know you have your hands tight up ;-)

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#26]
Not much time to talk, as very busy at the moment. But I will say that the thought has crossed my mind to tackle a compiler version of b3d and hardwired together. I would create an command that lets the blitz user to choose from dx7,dx9 or dx11. That way, I could revert to the same command name for each function instead of having a blitz version or a hardwired version of each command. Any command/function that is hardwired exclusive would remain, of course.

But all that although tempting for me, is not something I wish to do yet. I have already complicated my programming life enough already. I didn't even get c++ a year ago, I only learned what a 'class' was in c++ programming six months ago. I may have already bitten off more than I can chew, for I have already widened hardwire's scope a fair amount. However, there are still many bugs to iron out, some code I have still to complete (skinned models and progressive landscapes for example) and there are still a few, not many now, but a few b3d commands to do.

My ambition has no limits, but I am doing my utmost to calm my ambitions beacause I really do not want to give myself so much work that I get overwhelmed by it all and give up. I have already thought of a sdk for c++, a 64-bit version (including compiler version also), and a networking library to compliment it all. I could go very far with it all, but of course free time is always a factor here. I am also no maths genius and have no professional experience in the programming trade whatsoever. So I have pretty much decided to see what I can do to complete my dll before comitting myself to adding another addition to the hardwired family.

I have not yet even downloaded the whole of Mark's original source code. I have just taken reference from parts of it directly on-line. I am tempted to see if I can compile his source with my c++ compiler but if I do successfully compile it (which is very and easily possible), I will just be too tempted to modify it and make my own version. So, for the moment, I am avoiding doing that like the plague; or else knowing me I will end up just opening a new can of worms ;D

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#27]
@MadJack, just read your post (I had soft-bricked my phone a few days ago so I wasn't getting any notifications of new posts on this forum. I have managed to re-install android after a lot of effort- that'll teach me to try to root my phone, never agian [he says])

Which vertex deformation commands are you talking about? DxVertexCoords should work fine, and should be complete.

MadJack(Posted 2014) [#28]
P

It was just a general query - nothing specific.

If I get time, I may try and convert some past vertex def samples to HW and see how they go.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#29]
Damn my curiosity and ambition. Here we go again, just been opening up a new can of worms. Please ignore my post #26 from yesterday, I guess I don't know what I'm saying...

O M G

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#30]
So, yeah, anyway - since my recent decision to do a full u-turn on my 'no blitz 2' decision I have indeed downloaded the whole b3d source and am now reconstructing. Doesn't look amazingly impossible or long to bring b3d and hw together so I might indeed do that. Once I get the base code sorted out my c++ compiler should do the rest. So, I'll look into it but the idea is very enticing.

One thing though, if I do this I think I will replace the dx7 with the dx9/11 functions. It seems to me there's nothing dx7 can do that dx9 can't.

@guyfawkes - don't worry, hw will still be released as a dll even if I do decide to integrate hw into the compiler. That won't change.

JanDK(Posted 2014) [#31]
@Ploppy, it would be freaking AMAZING, if you could/would do that...just simply amazing. It seams that there IS a future for b3d afterall :o)

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#32]
I am SO glad to hear that, Ploppy! :)

Why0Why(Posted 2014) [#33]
Hey Ploppy, I mess with phones a lot so hit me up if you ever get stuck :)

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#34]
Nice, thanks for the offer. I have a galaxy note ii, and I felt like rooting it. I followed a tutorial, and using odin I uploaded a new os. But sumsung's new update blocked it, which kinda corrupted my system. So, I tried to reinstall using factory settings and it froze. Not great.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I managed to re-download my original Os and re-install using odin. In any case, a couple of hairy days where for a moment I thought I was going to brick it for good. I'm not trying to root my phone again. Sticky business it is...

Why0Why(Posted 2014) [#35]
I used to have a Note 2. This should still work, one click root. If it doesn't work, it won't hurt anything.

http://www.kingoapp.com/index.htm

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#36]
Hehehe.. You Ploppy you! I just knew you couldn't resist. ;-)
You are going to make every Blitz3D-er's dream come true..
I pretty much suspect Mark released it just for you, seeing you are really putting genuine effort into it, and pretty successful so far.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#37]
Honestly, no promises whatsoever. I have to first convert the source from msvc6 to msvc10 in order to make it compatible with my source... this is once again new territory for me...

Yue(Posted 2014) [#38]
I have faith that you can go even further, was a great time learning a lot and that makes us happy.

virtlands(Posted 2014) [#39]
For anyone that might need DirectX 7 & 8,... here are links :::

DirectX7 SDK : http://tinyurl.com/pesempa
DirectX8 SDK : http://tinyurl.com/pepbzmn
DirectX9 SDK : http://tinyurl.com/bmsq6cd
DirectX11 SDK : http://bit.ly/1pQsIMV

( The DX8 SDK is part of steven hickson's software. http://tinyurl.com/l6vy7jl )

[my copy of -->] blitz3d-master_VC6 (Win7) progress.rar { 39.74 MB } : http://tinyurl.com/mae8wlv

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#40]

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#41]

N_Gnom(Posted 2014) [#42]
any news ploppy?

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#43]
Well, actually no. Sorry, but for the moment I'm working on converting the b3d code. Still hardwired oriented of course, hw will be integrated into the new version. And with new planned features (yay). I plan to create a new double floating variable type for example for the compiler for anyone that wishes to use doubles. And I would also like to create a function like command so you can integrate HLSL shader code in the same source as the blitz code. I like the idea of being able to configure the icon you would like the compiler to use for your exe code, so i'll try bringing in that too, and I'd like to give the option of hiding the blitz output window that comes up when you run a compiled exe....

I'll let you know when I get anywhere. But don't fret, I'm not giving it up...

JanDK(Posted 2014) [#44]
I can imagine it's pretty complicated stuff Ploppy. I wish that (and may speak for others) could do more than just moral encouragement, but my programming skills is limited to Basic. But I/we are cheering and are very appreciative of your efforts. Keep up the spirit!

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#45]
Big thumbs up from here too. :-)

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#46]
I know it's gone incredibly quiet on the hw front, but I am still working on it - every day pretty much. Just so you all know, I am still working on the b3d conversion and am doing pretty well (actually made a code breakthrough this weekend that had been bugging me for a while). I am not ready to release yet, but I feel the worst has been done in bringing b3d and hw together. They now reside in the same msvc solution, I am now currently taking out dx7 and replacing it with dx9, it seems they do not go well together unlike dx9 and dx11 that can stay in the same code together. It's taking a bit of time, but much faster now than the conversion I was working on before. It's beginning to take shape. No promises, but I'm feeling quite positive about being able to release a new version of b3d in the next two weeks. It'll soon be hardwired's first birthday, it'd be great to accompagny it with a compiler version. I'll let you know... thanx for your patience and, well, I hope it'll be worth the wait...

BlitzSupport(Posted 2014) [#47]
Cool update!

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#48]
GO PLOPPY! =D

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! :D

LONG LIVE HARD WIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xilvan(Posted 2014) [#49]
Hi everyone,

Congratulation!

Hope your Blitz HardWired
project will be great !

Friendly,

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#50]
Whoaha Ploppy! That's great news.. (I can see another beer coming your way ;-)

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#51]
Hello Ploppy,

I hope you are well and making progress.

I have a suggestion about collisions.

Take a look at the functions :
CountCollisions(Collider)
CollisionEntity(Collider,CollisionId)

It would be better if the first CollisionId (=1), would always return the nearest collision (=the nearest from the old orientation old position of the collider). This would simplify the way to manage collisions.

Maybe it is already the case, i don't know, i have not read the Blitz3d source code yet.

All the best for the next steps ! :)

JanDK(Posted 2014) [#52]
Great news Ploppy, here's hoping :o)

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#53]
Step 2 Complete. A big hurrah has been moderately proclaimed from somewhere in my abode for a duration of approximately 1.5 seconds. Its satisfaction rating is somewhere in the region of 6.

Directx7 has now been completely obliterated from my modified b3d source. A big step for me, I'm hoping the hardest is out of the way now. It's quite funny to presently see my version of b3d so "empty". For the moment all the graphics commands do absolutely nothing at all. I can now proudly say that I have for the moment created the most pointless version of blitz ever.

Still, I guess I better get onto step, the really interesting one. Bringing in the hardwired code (yay!!!)....

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#54]
LONG!!!!! LIVE!!!!! HARDWIRED & B3D!

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#55]
Some big news....

New worklog entry

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#56]
Hybrid is coolest name ever :) keep good work up Ploppy :)

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#57]
Cheers HotShot, thanks for the compliment. Please test if you have the time, you will see the available commands on the worklog page...

BlitzSupport(Posted 2014) [#58]
Awesome, Ploppy -- my first attempt worked perfectly anyway!

virtlands(Posted 2014) [#59]
This is great to have a new high-performance IDE.
Hybrid -- Blitz3D IDE

You forgot to include your name in the current credits tab; it still displays version 1.108. Clearly it is not version 1.108 anymore.

The FMOD in FMOD Studio ---> http://www.fmod.org/
contains 1071 Functions....

The FMOD in Ploppy's collection contains 232 Functions....

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#60]
Hi VirtLands, for the moment I haven't touched the IDE at all. It is exactly the same file/version as the Blitz3d release. I will modify the IDE at one point, but for the moment I'm working on the compiler and runtime library. This is why the credits remains the same for the moment.

As for the FMOD dll, this is an old version. I kept this one as it is the version that is used by blitz3d's source code so the most compatible. I haven't touched any of blitz3d's sound routines yet, but I may well do at some point to either take out the need for fmod or to integrate it into the runtime library but that depends on my right to do so.

N_Gnom(Posted 2014) [#61]
wooohaaaa ploppy.fantastic work.
i hope you implement anytime physics too.
Or will some engines work with the new hybrid version?

btw.: the old commands for text following?
And whats with the math commands and so on.The not dx commands!

And last but not least how can we switch between dx9/11?

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#62]
Lots more commands added today....

New worklog entry

N_Gnom, the maths commands are still there, I haven't changed or deleted those, for they have nothing to do with directx. This is also the case for all basic commands. Could you however please tell me what you mean by 'text following', because I don't understand.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#63]
NICE work, Ploppy! Just thought I'd let you know. When you compile the program in debug mode, the debug mode won't allow you to close even after the program has been terminated. You have to LITERALLY go in to taskmanager and crash blitzcc.exe on purpose.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#64]
Okay, I'll check that out gf. Thanks for the feedback...

N_Gnom(Posted 2014) [#65]
text commands @ploppy...smile...hands up, good work

Wolf1870(Posted 2014) [#66]
Ploppy can you please check the colors:
CameraClsColor 1,128,255 = light blue, but I see only red.
Ambient Light = 255,255,255 = bright, I see darkness.

JBR(Posted 2014) [#67]
Just ran BlitzSupport rotating cube. In debug mode it crashes when exiting - in non debug it exits fine.

Windows 8 dx11

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#68]
@Wolf
Ploppy can you please check the colors:
CameraClsColor 1,128,255 = light blue, but I see only red.
Ambient Light = 255,255,255 = bright, I see darkness.

Ok, fixed....

@JBR/GF, I can't yet figure out why it hangs in debug mode - for the moment while I'm in developement try to avoid using it - I will fix but it may take me some time...fanx...

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#69]
Hi all

New worklog entry

By the way, to anyone, if you have any ideas for the new compiler not necessarily directx oriented and you think it'd be worth adding please let me know. If it's easy to do and could genuinely contribute to making this illigitimate offspring of B3D even more powerful I'll add to it.

NotAGamer(Posted 2014) [#70]
ploppy >>> i was waiting for this!!!! thanks

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#71]
I have converted a few HW demos for Hybrid, see 'hybrid\samples' folder...

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#72]
Hi all

New worklog entry

By the way, to anyone, if you have any ideas for the new compiler not necessarily directx oriented and you think it'd be worth adding please let me know. If it's easy to do and could genuinely contribute to making this illigitimate offspring of B3D even more powerful I'll add to it.

For me, the below is all I really see that would help the hybrid.

The saving of 3D, Animated, Multi-textured DirectX & B3D files, and the ability to copy a whole matrix of objects.

"X" = 3D animated model on screen

So I copy one "X"

and it makes this:
|X X X X X|
|X_X_X_X_X|

^~~~~~~~ *They are positioned like this, and because it's an instance, those models can be manipulated with rotation, scale, etc.*

Some kind of function where you can make multiple instances copy themselves extremely fast. That would be used for a LOAD of things. Like object copying, particles, etc.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#73]
Noted. A tall order, but I'll look into it sometime, not right away - but I will at some stage.

Just re-uploaded by the way, many fixes made to runtime code, and more Hybrid demos converted....

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#74]
Ok, testing now. I'll also test the debugger and let you know the results! Thanks again Ploppy for noting! :)

Wolf1870(Posted 2014) [#75]
small error found: When I load a mesh, and the texture with flag 4 loading, the presentation of the model is no longer correct.
See your example test10d and load the texture with tex = LoadTexture ("... \ ... \ images \ dwarf.jpg", 4)

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#76]
Thanks Wolf, well spotted. I have fixed that now - new version uploaded...

GF, I haven't done anything to the debugger yet...

virtlands(Posted 2014) [#77]
... If it's easy to do and could genuinely contribute to making .... B3D even more powerful I'll add to it.

Could you add double, long double, and long long INTs (64-bit INTs) ?
Thanks Ploppy for adding these.

C Data Types : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_data_types

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#78]
I like that idea and I think that would definately add to its power and versatility.

Panno(Posted 2014) [#79]
great work ....

virtlands(Posted 2014) [#80]
Add Bitwise-Not to Blitz3D ;;

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#81]
Okidoke. Will do... thanks 4 code...

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#82]
Wow, this is really getting something big fast.
Some ideas for the IDE:

- Collapsible code with a link between beginning and ending of functions/loops, as for instance in the IDEal editor.
- Auto syntax completion with selection of parameters, switches etc.
- Ability to color different sections/lines would be nice. As well as the background and borders (can be very annoying for visually impaired people if not configurable).
- Incorporate MediaView (enhanced version)in an optional pane, so can preview models(including anims & bones), but also textures, sounds, music etc, just by selecting them in code and having a path selector so one can swap them round easily. Also a configurable button linking to the editor of choice to instantly edit each different media type would help increase productivity.

But these are nice and helpful extra's that would bring things together, but not essential right now for producing code.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#83]
LONG LIVE BLITZ HARDWIRED / BLITZ HYBRID! =D

virtlands(Posted 2014) [#84]
For the Hybrid version, why is it that "Graphics" commands fail, (while Graphics3D commands work fine) ?

RGR(Posted 2014) [#85]
Have you ever thought about using another extension for Hybrid to be independent from Blitz3D ... so people can use Blitz3D and Hybrid at the same time?
.bb -> .hb ?

It is quite a big step away from the original idea now, isn't it?

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#86]
@Virtlands, I am in the process of reconstructing certain parts of the old b3d code. For the moment, anything outside of direct3d windows will not function, such as the command 'Graphics'.

@RGR, you cannot use b3d and hybrid in the same code. That is the whole point of Hybrid, it replaces the b3d code. All directx7 functionality has now gone and dx9/11 has taken its place. The file extension idea is not bad though. It could help the user to differentiate between two different sources. However, once finished Hybrid should be able to interpret any b3d code.

Panno(Posted 2014) [#87]
I like to see the Bank handling from b+ in Hybrid .
Iirc it is faster and a bit better.?
Maybe the gui code also.
Gtx

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#88]
Ok, I'll do that no problem (the bank stuff). I have the code already in hardwired, I just have to link it in...

Panno(Posted 2014) [#89]
works fine on win7 , but unnable to find runtime.dll on two xp computer

N_Gnom(Posted 2014) [#90]
in folder release/hybrid/bin is the runtime.dll

havenīt test it atm but maybe this information helps you

RGR(Posted 2014) [#91]
@Ploppy I don't want to use Hybrid Hardwired in the same code.
What I mean is that I want start Blitz3D if I doubleclick a .bb-File.
And start Hybrid when I doubleclick an associated file extension!
Having Blitz+ and Blitz3D using the same extension was annoying enough (ok, solved that with patching Blitz+ using .bp as extension instead)

Doubleclicking a .hb file would open the Hybrid associated IDE and doubleclicking a .bb file opens the old Blitz3D environment.
I see many occasions where it is useful to keep the old Blitz3D as it is plus using your new Hybrid parallel as step into new coding work.
And as long as Hybrid is not finished you cannot really comfortably use both at a time, right? A unique file extension for your Engine seems to be the easiest way to solve that.

Added this later
PS: Actually I could patch the Hybrid Setup from .bb to .hb myself. But I put this into your thoughts because you are actually at the start of something new which is on one hand based on Blitz3d but on the other hand a unique engine.
And patching it myself would mean to patch it everytime you come with an update.

But anyway ... its not because of me ... it may be the best step for everyone who is using Hybrid and that would be the only reason to think about it.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#92]
RGR has a bit of point there indeed. I vote for '.BPH' < B(litz3d), (Blitz)P(lus), (Blitz)Hybrid. :-)

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#93]
I vote *.bh :D HAHAHAHA! XD

Just kidding, *.bph for me too :D

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#94]
I see what you mean now and I agree too. The thing is for the moment I have not sucessfully converted the code for the IDE. So for the moment I cannot change the filetype, or even the credits window for that matter. But I'll give it another go, as your idea does make good sense.

RGR(Posted 2014) [#95]
Hi Rick
For easy replacement and conversion from older .bb programs .hb would be an advantage. Does not change the filename length. Only one character to replace.
I have patched a lot of software to fit it to my needs and I learned that the easiest and most obvious replacement is always the best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_file_formats
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_file_formats#Source_code_for_computer_programs

Added some text to my previous post while the recent posts were sent

virtlands(Posted 2014) [#96]
Concerning other file formats using the *.bh extension ::::
Apparently *.bh files are an obscure BlakHole archiving format.
BlakHole format :: http://justsolve.archiveteam.org/wiki/BlakHole

The following programs can open .BH files ::
Izark (free) :: http://download.cnet.com/IZArc/3000-2250_4-10072925.html
TugZip (free) :: http://download.cnet.com/TUGZip/3000-2250_4-10527397.html?tag=bc

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#97]
AHAHAHAHAHA! I was only joking! You know what "Bh" meant! XD

WOW! XD

LineOf7s(Posted 2014) [#98]
Grow up.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#99]
What about *.hw in that case?

N_Gnom(Posted 2014) [#100]
agree... .hw is okay

RGR(Posted 2014) [#101]
VirtLands wrote: Concerning other file formats using the *.bh extension ::::

That's why my proposal was .hb
H Hybrid / Hardwired
B Basic / Blitz
And not used anywhere.

Ploppy wrote: What about *.hw in that case?

It's up to you - you are the inventor and initiator of the whole thing ;-)
Its not in use
.HWP — Haansoft (Hancom) Hangul Word Processor document
is the only slight similarity

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#102]
LineOf7s, NO ONE ASKED YOU! LEAVE ME ALONE! I've had ENOUGH of your crap! This ends here! Stop chasing me around on threads and being a bully or I will do the same to you!

GaryV(Posted 2014) [#103]
Ploppy is very lucky to have Guy Fawkes carrying the banner.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2014) [#104]
lmao @ Gary :D Shhh ;)

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#105]
Y'know guys, after 9 threads I've kind of given up on that and just accepted it as part of the risk. I try to think relatively on the subject 'It could be worse', for example. But I do know what you are saying though, I'm sure we could all do without this bickering.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#106]
I'm sorry Ploppy. But I will NOT be apologizing to those who do NOT deserve it. LineOf7s PURPOSELY torments me DAILY & I have gotten sick of it. I try to make a joke, & he acts like a jerk.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2014) [#107]
Shut up Guy. Ploppy is doing a great job here...The best way to support him is to report bugs and produce something with his engine...Anything else, no matter how tempted you are to comment on is most unwelcome - for anybody. Including Ploppy. Understand?

So calm down and write some code.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#108]
Hi guys,
If any of you feels compelled to contribute something positive to the good cause: I meant to create a testbed planetary for HardWired, but switched to a superior piece of code (actually Krischan's) and converted it to HardWired, However I'm now getting a MAV in HardWired, which I don't get before conversion. I didn't want to pollute this thread so please see here if interested(code+media included):

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=103301#1242497

If anybody has clue. Please let me know.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#109]
Steve, don't tell me to shut up. YOU shut up. "Treat others the way you want to be treated". You treated me bad, I'm gonna treat YOU bad.

Ploppy, I will be returning some debug information very soon.

markcw(Posted 2014) [#110]
Ho hum.

Would be nice to see this as a BMax module providing dx9 for minib3d.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#111]
@Rick, thanks - a nice fat program to really give Hardwired a good test-run. I'm all for that because it'll give me the chance to give HW a good debug. I'll test your code tonight to see where it MAV's...

Steve, don't tell me to shut up. YOU shut up. "Treat others the way you want to be treated". You treated me bad, I'm gonna treat YOU bad.

@GF -If you feel like treating anyone bad, (and in my opinion there's nothing anyone can do to change your mind about that, so I'm not going to even try) - could you at least be bad to others on a separate thread. No kidding, I think hardwired would most likely be on it's fifth/sixth thread now if it wasn't for all the bitching posts... Such a shame...

Kevin_(Posted 2014) [#112]
@Ploppy....

WOW! What a fantastic project you are conducting.

After being away from Blitz for some years, I return to find that it is still going strong and people like you are doing great things.

Keep up the good work. It looks very promising.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#113]
Thanks Kevin for the compliment, it has now been almost a year since I started - so it's taking me some time. But it's quite a big ambitious thing at the same time - especially for me. I can't begin to tell you how much c++ I have forced myself to learn just to get this far. And I don't much like c++ either. But it's for a good end, at least I hope so....

BlitzSupport(Posted 2014) [#114]
@Ploppy: Rick's code seems to be failing due to the SHIP=dxLoadMesh in InitScene -- it apparently loads correctly, but fails on dxRenderWorld in the main loop, see around line 218, so I'm assuming dxRenderWorld doesn't like the mesh for some reason.

If you take out the InitScene -> dxLoadMesh (and following commands affecting SHIP) it stops dying...

More in Rick's thread, here.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#115]

XP Windows.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#116]
Ok Yue/Panno, I have recompiled it and it may work on xp now, please try because I cannot check this out quite yet. I have XP at work, but I'm not back there until tuesday...

Please note: This new release does not have any sound routines activated. I have taken out all fmod calls and am currently in the process of writing replacement routines.

Although fmod for me is a top-notch library and I would very much like to use it in hardwired (I very much like the BASS libary also), licence restrictions hold me back from using these libraries. The problem I have with fmod is that thier licence restricts users from embedding thier dll in another. So, if you were to use fmod with a hardwired project, you would always need a copy of the dll with the executable file. I wish to have it all in one, as with blitz3d. I am guessing that, at the time, Mark got permission or a special licence from the fmod team to be able ebmbed their library in his b3d runtime dll. I cannot do this, for this kind of licence is not free.

GaryV(Posted 2014) [#117]
For those on XP having issues. What Ploppy is giving you to test was compiled with a compiler that by default is NOT supported on XP as the compiler was released roughly 10 years after XP was released.

You need to go to the MS site and download the MSVC++ runtimes which match the version of the MSVC++ compiler that Ploppy is using. Try that and see if it will help? It will NOT hurt.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#118]
I don't think it is that IMHO, as I have already witnessed earlier versions of hardwired working fine on an xp machine I have at work, and I'm still using the same compiler as from when I started my project. I believe it is more of an dependancy issue. Some of the dll's I use do not exist on xp machines - these principally being directx10 and 11. I had badly configured my dll to automatically load up these dependancies when being loaded itself. It they do not exist (which is the case for xp systems), my dll will naturally fail to load. I have now configured hardwired to load up these only if they exist. In the hw code itself I have already programmed the hw routines themselves to 'know' if directx11 is present on a resident machine and if not it will automatically use dx9 aven if dx11 is selected. So for me, hw should definately work and an xp machine. It just my sloppy programming that holding things back... :D

GaryV(Posted 2014) [#119]
I'm still using the same compiler as from when I started my project.

Yes, but now you are no longer working on just your project, you are also updating Mark's project and there might be something that is now being linked to in a different way than it was with just HW.

Personally, I would vote for it intentionally being made NOT compatible with XP solely for the reason it will eliminate so many tech support headaches. Not the least of which, the skill levels of those still using XP in this day and age are really not up to par with what the demographic you would be targeting with a development product (nor would any end user have a graphics card decent enough to play a remotely complex game made with newer versions of DX). Given those who are reporting the issues with Hybrid, I will always suspect user error first.

I do have an XP system available, but I quit testing your stuff some time ago due to the license it was released under.

As to FMOD, at the time B3D was written FMOD offered different licensing options than they do now. When B3DSDK was released, the license had changed and the sound/music routines had to be changed by Skid and they never worked properly which lead to the product being pulled, instead of being fixed. It is a shame that Mark does not make the B3DSDK open source, since he has done the same with B3D.

Kudos to the updating of B3D, you only proved what everybody said for years about updating it to a newer version of DX. Awesome work you are doing!

Yue(Posted 2014) [#120]
Hi, still does not work, I put the original runtime.dll and if it works, but with the continuous hybrid lib out the same error.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#121]
Yikes!! I will a look, but I still think it's a dependancy error...

Yue(Posted 2014) [#122]
Ok, wait seems to work correctly, I downloaded another zip, where are several directories and examples, and this works properly when opening the hybrid.

The earlier he had downloaded files contained only hybrid, but the new one I downloaded as I mentioned has several example files and Directory from BlitzMax.

Hibrid.Zip Error.
Relase.Zip Perfect.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#123]
Relaase.Zip

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#124]
Where is the download? I will test it on my Virtual Box. :)

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#125]
@Yue, I do not update the Hybrid zip file anymore. Everything is contained in release.zip, both hardwired and hybrid. It seems now you can compile with xp, but however you have a new problem with compiled exe's. So, some progress there - I'll look into it, but I may know what is wrong (cross-fingers)

petimat(Posted 2014) [#126]
(Hybrid.exe) 'Compiler environment error: Unable to open runtime.dll' on XP.:(

Yue(Posted 2014) [#127]
Donwload Release.zip

Wolf1870(Posted 2014) [#128]
Hi Ploppy. If I load a mesh in hybrid, it appears correctly. If I load an animmesh, it disappears and is no longer displayed. (with windows 7 - 64 bit)
The setFilters command also does not seem to work properly ...
As a small suggestion: still missing the DrawImage command, or perhaps a Drawimagepart command ...

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#129]
Hi wolf, most 2d functions are for the moment in construction. I had 'taken out' the original blitz code to leave an empty command for most of the 2d stuff; there was some incompatibilty issues with hw, dx9 and framework4.0. I have to convert these routines, which I will do. On the other hand most 3d commands are now active.

I'll look into LoadMesh/AnimMesh

Wolf1870(Posted 2014) [#130]
many thanks for the information. by the way ... !!! Great work :-)) !!!

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#131]
No probs. If you see anything else worth reporting please don't hesitate as I may not be aware. This is still and will be for some time a work in progress and is very big in source code size already, this meaning bugs and unintentional omissions are highly possible.

petimat(Posted 2014) [#132]
@Yue
No matter which Hybrid.exe I run...just the same result :(

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#133]
Hi petimat, it is quite possible you do not have the most recent version installed of directx9 on your system - it really is quite common this problem; it has even happened to me. It seems that directx is not necessarily automatically updated to the very latest version on windows. Hardwired requires the file d3dx9_43.dll for example in order to work - this is the sub-version compatible with the official microsoft sdk that is used to develop Hardwired. To check if your system is truly up to date, just google 'directx download' and follow the official microsoft link.

When executed, one of the first things that blitz3d does is check if directx 7 is present on the resident system. If the test fails, it warns the user and recommends downloading dx7. I think I will add the same thing to hw for this sub-version of dx9...

Pakz(Posted 2014) [#134]
Will images now rotate fast under dx9? And resize was slow to.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#135]
For the moment, images are only handled in 3d mode by hardwired. In b3d, image rotation/scaling in 2d mode is handled by a processor based algorithm, this is why it is slow - no help from the gfx adapter. In Hybrid, there is no 2d mode at present. However texture manipulation is fully exploited as in b3d and it is fast.

Pakz(Posted 2014) [#136]
Here's hoping :) I was amazed when I rotated my first image in java 2d. It was really fast compared to b3d.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#137]
Since the Hybrid load me correctly, however continued with the error " unknown runtime exception " when trying to run any example .

virtlands(Posted 2014) [#138]
Hi Plpppy, Since it's still a work in progress, there remain complications.

ClsColor R,G,B performs differently on each.
The Input$(" Enter some> ") command is apparently ignored by Hybrid.
----------------------------------------------------------------
The "test.bb" file that accompanies Hybrid performs with tiny points.
PointEntity light, cube

receives error "blitcc.exe has stopped working" when clicking on Window-X.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#139]
Hi Virtlands, the points are not an error, they are intentional. The command EntityPointFrame will render an object as points. This command is in the code, under the PointEntity command which has nothing to do with rendering points.

I'll look into the colour thing...

petimat(Posted 2014) [#140]
Hi Ploppy!
You were right about the dx dll.Now Hybrid.exe works properly however I cannot run any sample code.Graphics3D() generates an "Unknown runtime exception".No matter if I use blitz3D with hardwire as a userlib or hybrid with its samples or hybrid with hw as a userlib (with the dx prefixed samples).Something else might still be missing from my system. :(

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#141]
Ok, I will look into it. I haven't been able to do anything to hw since the weekend since I had to reinstall my entire system including updates. It's almost done now so I'll be able to check this all out.

Have you downloaded the official dx updater or did you download the dll I mentioned in my previous post? If you only downloaded the dll you may have compatibility issues with other dll's that make up dx9 - it is better to use the MS updater from thier site.

petimat(Posted 2014) [#142]
No,I've updated the whole thing...

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#143]
Hi Ploppy :-)

What license are you distributing everything with? (and would source be available on request?)

I'm somewhat interested in incorporating "hardwired" DLL into an iMiniB3D-port so that Windows users might choose between GL and DX, in BlitzMax.

I am also much interested in 64-bit too... which of course this isn't (and doesn't need to be if it's targeting only Blitz3D).

Thanks

:o)

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#144]
@Petimat/Yue, does it give a runtime error before of after a command? It could help me to pinpoint my bug to know this. Try running an empty project, for example.. cheers...

@Brucey - I am releasing Hardwired on a Creative Commons Public License. The license is included in the release zip file. I am also interested in 64-bit, and I will possibly do a 64-bit version later. No point in doing so for the moment as I only have a 32-bit machine (and I already have a lot on my programming plate as it is ;D ).

Yue(Posted 2014) [#145]
Well, I downloaded release.zip, then I open the AddressBook and executed Hibrido.exe hybrid, then from the exe hybrid Habro ejecturalo test.bb and try and have this.

When you answer I remove the image, which is very large.

Edit: Only Graphics3D error!

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#146]
Thanks Yue - this is on XP, right? Is there no error on an empty project??

Yue(Posted 2014) [#147]
If I'm using Windows XP.

if I run an empty project, run the app and in a second time window looks.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#148]
Google translation not too good, sorry Yue pero no comprendo mucho mi amigo...

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#149]
Does the DLL use object references or does it really use Ints for everything?
I was hoping perhaps those were pointers but used in the decls as Ints?

In BlitzMax, pointers would be easier for me to work with - especially regarding a later bump up to 64-bit (of which you'd need to use pointers then anyway)

Yue(Posted 2014) [#150]
:(
I'm using Windows XP.

An empty project, for example test.bb nothing but code does not throw errors.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#151]
Thanks Yue my friend. As always you are a great help.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#152]
@brucey - The dll functions do not necessarily use ints themselves. For the sake of my own convenience I wrote the decls file using ints after all pointers are an unfamiliar concept in b3d. I will possibly at some point however release an sdk for hardwired showing the exact c++ syntax for each function in a header file.

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#153]
Thanks Ploppy.

For now, I should be able to translate everything into a header with the functions list/decls.

Hopefully it will all *just work*.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#154]
Good luck brucey. Hope it works out, if you get stuck do not hesitate to ask. Perhaps I'll be able to help.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#155]
@everyone -Today is Hardwired's 1st birthday. My first thread was created a year ago today :D And I'm still working on it. What dedication! What passion! Or is it just what downright stubborness? Not sure - only time will tell.

In any case: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR PLOPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#156]
OO?
Excellent, I admire your dedication and perseverance with the project.
Happy Birthday !!

virtlands(Posted 2014) [#157]
Happy 1st anniversary to Ploppy's DX-Hardwired Post.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#158]
LONG

LIVE

HARD WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRED! =)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HARD WIRED! =D

N_Gnom(Posted 2014) [#159]
Happy Birthday Ploppys HW Engine.
Maybe now its time for a new thread.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#160]
OMG, do you mean go into double figures, thread n°10? Yikes, Hw is getting heavy stuff ;D

BlitzSupport(Posted 2014) [#161]
Well done for sticking at it for so long!

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#162]
Thanks. My doctor probably should probably prescribe me something...

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#163]
Happy Birthday Hard Wired :)

N_Gnom(Posted 2014) [#164]
@ploppy: maybe its time for a special forum for hardwired/hybrid!?!
But its your choice.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#165]
I can make a website. xD and a free domain.

N_Gnom(Posted 2014) [#166]
Me too.Thats no problem.MyBB, PHPBB 3, php fusion....whatever ploppy want...smile

Panno(Posted 2014) [#167]
no .

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#168]
I agree with panno. I am quite confortable here, don't see much point in migration. Besides, although hw has turned a few people's heads it's not yet enough to justify that kind of effort imho. If ever I get to a stable and complete enough release then yes perhaps I will think about a dedicated site/forum. Until then, well, we'll see how it goes.

Panno(Posted 2014) [#169]
i think this is the best way .

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#170]
Hip Hip Hooray, Hardwired here stay! :-)
Congrats & keep up the good work Ploppy.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#171]
Is that you Rick in photo? If so, I think I'm scared...

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#172]
So am I. LOL

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#173]
Totally off the Hardwired subject, but exceptionally I thought I'd share this with anyone that hasn't seen this youtube vid whilst were talking about clowns(leave your lights on!!)

Another one worth watching (but bloody, I warn you)...
[EDITED - BlitzSupport]

I am working on hardwired though, not just silly stuff - I promise...

GaryV(Posted 2014) [#174]
Rick: Thank you for posting the picture of Bozo. Some of my kids were on the local Bozo show back in the day. Also had a daughter on the Annie Oakley show and she won the quick draw contest. Thanks for jogging these memories.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#175]
Sorry I didn't know who Bozo was, I've just googled him up. I'm british, it never came out on tv in my country (to my knowledge)...no offense intended with the scary clown reference...

GaryV(Posted 2014) [#176]
Huh? No, no offense at all. In fact, love the vids. The ones Vitaly is doing this year, trump the ones from last year. Clown trivia: One of the first Bozo clowns was also the very first Ronald McDonald.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#177]
Neither did I. Not seen in Holland, we do have the Ronald McDonald houses with something they call Clini-Clowns.

But clowns always scare me..

Pretty brutal vids. LOL. Hope they checked upfront if these people have strong hearts..
Reminds me very strongly of 'IT', but on steroids. :-)
"Beep-beep, Richy. They all float!"

GfK(Posted 2014) [#178]
Those videos need removed. Completely inappropriate for a forum like this.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#179]
Who died made YOU the forum moderator, huh? -.-

Yue(Posted 2014) [#180]
My daughter is terrified of clowns, are now declared public enemies in my home.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#181]
@GFK - Sorry, I thought it may not appeal to all tastes but I took the risk. I do apologise, all I can do is strongly suggest you do not press play. I considered that anyone using this forum would have enough age to be able to absorb such images and at the same time be able to chose to not watch. Anyway, as was suggested yesterday by N_Gnom, I was planning to start a new thread so I thought I'd end it with a little diversion from the main topic.

@Yue, i will add that I'm scared of clowns too - they freak me out big time... anyone played the clown massacre mission in gtav? Very funny stuff...

So here it is the new thread, any more anecdotes about clowns, please leave it on this thread people, not the new one....

New thread

Steve Elliott(Posted 2014) [#182]

Dr Mal: Practice of Horror was scarier ;)

"Violence in games has just reached a new level" Thread - Gfk

Hmm. Sorry mate, but you can't take the moral high ground on this lol.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#183]
@Ploppy: Didn't play GTA V just yet(lack of harddrive space), but now I'm curious.. :-)

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#184]
Sorry my friend but my lips are sealed. I don't wish to ruin it for you. You'll see. GtaV is well worth playing in any case. One of the best games of all time imo.

GaryV(Posted 2014) [#185]

Perhaps you should remove yourself from the forums or up your meds to control your outburts. Besides being a first class wanker and slapping everybody in the face with your wanker, you are a complete and utter hypocrite as Steve so politely pointed out. They do have therapy support groups for fear of clowns. Might do you some good to talk out the issues you have with clowns with others suffering the same phobia.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#186]
I feel a little responsable for this atmosphere guys by releasing the post containing those two vids (accessible in youtube equally without age requirements). My intentions were humour based more than anything else. Can we please leave things as they are guys? Everyone has of course thier own reasons and sensibilities, I can respect that we all have different tastes. But my aim was not to offend or alienate anybody by the release of my post.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#187]
Wow. REAL mature, Gary, ya douche bag. -.-

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#188]
You're not helping here GF. Let's focus on what's real important and avoid antagonising each other for our differences. Peace guys.!

markcw(Posted 2014) [#189]
Yeah peace. Have a laugh. http://www.craveonline.co.uk/lifestyle/articles/190631-10-wtf-okcupid-profiles

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#190]
Some pretty scary dudes on your link munch. Well, we are getting close to Halowe'en after all.

GfK(Posted 2014) [#191]
"Violence in games has just reached a new level" Thread - Gfk

Hmm. Sorry mate, but you can't take the moral high ground on this lol.
I actually can, since I didn't see it appropriate to post a video of Hatred.

GaryV: Rubber, glue.

Ploppy: Sorry.

GaryV(Posted 2014) [#192]
Wow. REAL mature, Gary, ya douche bag. -.-

Coming from the man who has single-handedly try to destroy Ploppy's project from its inception? It is nice to see you sticking up for your boyfriend, but perhaps you could keep your romantic feelings for him off the forum?

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#193]
@Gfk - But it's not a video of hatred. Perhaps you should press play in order to discover that the video is a prank played on unsuspecting innocents that they have inadvertedly stumbled upon a seriously deranged serial killer in the process of working his trade. There is no hatred here, this is a prank. That's all it is. Nothin' more

GfK(Posted 2014) [#194]
@Gfk - But it's not a video of hatred. Perhaps you should press play in order to discover that the video is a prank played on unsuspecting innocents that they have inadvertedly stumbled upon a seriously deranged serial killer in the process of working his trade. There is no hatred here, this is a prank. That's all it is. Nothin' more
I think you've misunderstood - the video I *didn't* post, was of a game called "Hatred". Capital H.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#195]
@GaryV - I would just like to say that my previous comment #186 was aimed at the general populous not for you or anyone particular. I just don't see the point of things 'getting out of hand' for so little. This will be the last time I try to release a youtube vid on the forum in any case if it's inspiring people to jump at each other's throats.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#196]
@Gfk - gotcha, sorry didn't know that game. Indeed, I did misunderstand.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2014) [#197]
Time to lock this one, I think... please DON'T continue in the same vein on the new thread! (Ploppy, I've edited the 2nd graphic image from your YouTube post, doesn't really belong here.)