Yue(Posted 2014) [#1]

Edit:

markcw(Posted 2014) [#2]
Very slick. What GUI did you use?

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#3]
Welcome back Yue, looking good :)

Yue(Posted 2014) [#4]
@Munch i am using Draw3D2 for GUI.

@Adam, Every time I try to do something, he improved on certain things, I have always something new to learn, perhaps someday make a game: D

Blitzplotter(Posted 2014) [#5]
Love the demo of your graphics selection menu Yue.

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#6]
Yue is the king of Menus :)
This looks good. Now time to make a game ;)

Yue(Posted 2014) [#7]
Remind, you made me laugh, it hurts my ribs :). If the truth must admit that every time I repeat the process learn some new things, some day, just one day achieve quzas make a video game. I think I'm very close to achieving that goal. :)

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#8]
Looking AWESOME, Yue! :) GOOD JOB! =D

Is there a demo somewhere that can show how to use this "Draw3D2" with multiple menus and slider gadgets?

Thanks so kindly! :)

Sincerely,

~GF

Yue(Posted 2014) [#9]
@Blitzplotter
Thanks for your comment.

@Guy Fawkes
Thanks for your comment. Examples are those who are the lib of an hectic
http://www.hectic.de

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#10]
Hey Yue!
Looking very cool. Long time no see.
Did you abandon the Mars rover thing? It was looking pretty awesome too.
And if so: why? Did you get stuck at a part particular part of the game?

Yue(Posted 2014) [#11]
Most of the time on my unfinished projects I spend learning new things and got to a point where I overcome mental fatigue or simply can not find solution to a problem.

In this case again when I start my projects improved always learning something, and quite possibly ends up making a game.

On this project I stuck Mars, siepre I said that to make a project it takes at least several people, and one person is impossible to be in several places doing things.

If so maybe someone me money if ago a menu for your game XD, as it is my specialization.

A greeting

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#12]
Yue,

Your previous tries were not perfect but they were a good start.

Don't give up, maybe do some pauses and try again later, you will see that each time you try again it is easier and faster to produce the results you want.
Learn, try, fail, correct, improve, and again, and again, and again, until you achieve what you want.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#13]
@Yue
Hi, I agree with RemiD. I personally have to say that I was very impressed by the mars rover project. For you, I thought it was a daring, refreshing and rewarding step forward from the menus. It was well worth it too, as the result really paid off. I am not just saying this to flatter you, I truly mean this - you really had the beginnings of something very unique and at the same time worthwhile. The gfx were good, and the concept was very original.

I know that sometimes you can come to a dead-end with projects. I know a lot about that, the amount of times I have hit dead-ends with one of my projects is just uncountable. That goes with the amount of times that I have given up on a project because I feel that it was too hard. But I have recently found that if when you get stuck with a routine and you take a step back and work on another part and then come back to where you were stuck at a later stage it sometimes helps. That at least works for me - I'm not saying that I'll complete my present project, but I really hope so for you byusing this method little by little .

Your mars rover demo showed that you are more than ready to go beyond the menu creation routines - much further. I know sometimes that the going can get tough - but when it does don't give up. Just take a deep breath, assess your problem/bug, and if you think genuinely that it will be potentially possible to solve after some hard effort just put the problem to the side and work on another part for the time being - a part you can do. While you are doing this you are likely in your mind to think on how to overcome your bugs and you will eventually find the answer.

In any case, I would like to say, and I think I may speak for others at the same time that I have faith in your abilities - and that perhaps you under-estimate your abilites.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#14]
Thanks for your feedback. :)

What I feel is that this is a passion for learning, something like that solve puzzles in a magazine and every time you repeat the process, I feel I do best things and the idea is to keep me on trying again and again. Every time I feel I am closer to achieving the goal.

This ociación feel that my code is more stable, the better ordered, this project is based on I learned to handle Types and functions and this makes it nice when things are easiest are much more fun.

Since I know BlitzBasic, all I've tried is to make menus, an exercise that at first it was morally hard, because I am not a programmer and I am enthusiastic to learn things on my own, I think this exercise has made me a little better, and well, hopefully do something in the future, otherwise I will feel very good because I have learned many things along the way.

A greeting

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#15]
@Yue:

See? We are impressed by your Mars Rover thing. I especially loved the handling of the vehicle and the graphics.
Don't give up on it, because you had a really good thing going there.

Don't believe people that are negative and say you will never succeed(there will always be people like that). Sure the big game studios have like 150 people at work, but you can have a unique game and still sell it! I know people that make a living that way.

Just start a work log and state what you are stuck with, then most of the time people can help you with it. If not, then work around it. You probably just have to release some code focusing on the issue.

I think your project has a lot of potential.

We all have projects that reached 'dead-ends' but if you leave them a while and pick back up where you left, you will indeed notice your insights / skills have improved so you can work on it again.

If you have really lost interest in the project and will never pick it back up(which would be a pity) then consider releasing it as zip including source and comments, so other people(me included ;-) can learn from your skills on the subject of physics, handling and model graphics, because I believe you did really well on that. Doesn't have to be English, we'll use Google translate. :-)

But: I much rather see you succeed in this, so please don't give up buddy. I really was looking forward for each of your new releases.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#16]
That can not think, my big problem is that I did not speak English, and my learning curve is really hard and I'm quite sure restart the project in the near future.

But before creating a game, what I do is improve some things already, and learn new skills and more when I win I feel I am closer to do a small project that most likely someone playing enjoyment.

A greeting.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#17]
In any case, I admire your enthusiasm - but I still think you under-estimate your abilities and you are more talented than you know.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#18]
What he said, Yue. Little did you know, but I've been watching you as well for the past few months, and I must say. You're a VERY creative, VERY innovative, VERY skilled person and what Ploppy said is ABSOLUTELY right! :) You DEFINITELY under-estimate your abilities!