3 seasons

Community Forums/Showcase/3 seasons

Marcell(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hello,
I have published my first game, "3 seasons" in my website
http://www.blue-bit-entertainment.com/

The game reminds of Columns: The objective is to get at least 3 blocks of same color horizontally, vertically or diagonally in a row. Though in "3 seasons" there are both horizontal and vertical bricks and the size of them varies and there can be many collapsing sequences, before the next brick appears and there are some bonus blocks, too.

The game has background themes from 3 seasons, autumn, summer and winter, hence the name.

The game itself is coded in Blitz3D, the startup menu of the demo version is coded in BlitzMax.

Marcell(Posted 2014) [#2]
I updated the installation exe-file of "3 seasons" demo version 20th April 9:39 PM UTC+3. I apologize that I had uploaded earlier installation version for the demo that had a littlle bug: I didn't notice one line in the NSIS scripit, that I didn't update (though this was not ”fatal” bug) when I uploaded a new file (I corrected one typo in the manual and changed the NSIS script a bit).

There was also a little bug in the earlier installation package: When the game (demo) and it's startup menu had been quitted, the previously saved config data didn't match the data saved after the last exit. This was because I had used Blitz Media Linker's compression; without compression everything is ok. I guess this problem I had, had also something to do with the free exe-icon changer programs I've used: They seem to fall back to an old exe when changing the icon over and over again.
Now everything is ok! (Possibly no-one else than me has experienced any problems earlier, though I can't be sure)

I hope that at least someone can find some enjoynment from the game.