The Last Galagan

Community Forums/Showcase/The Last Galagan

Schwang(Posted 2014) [#1]
What would happen if the Galaxian defense network, optimized for stopping vast Galagan fleets, let a single Galagan yellowjacket slip through their front lines?

You are about to find out.

Download here.

This is a very un-Galaga-like Galaga fangame that works like a weird mixup of Thanatos & Choplifter.

Hope you guys like it!

Schwang(Posted 2014) [#2]
No love?

Well, you can abduct humans and cows, turn them radioactive and fling them around the place, upgrade your siege drone to have lasers, photon bolts, flak blasts, extra-atmospheric instantaneous movement, ground-based shields...

The screenshot's not getting good reviews. What about the presentation looks bad? The style? Colouring? Too boring or plain?

Hit me with your critbombs.

GaryV(Posted 2014) [#3]
I don't see a screenshot in this thread.

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#4]
Like the style of the graphics in your screenshot, schwang :-)

If you had a build for Linux or OS X I would even give it a play...

Schwang(Posted 2014) [#5]
Gary, mmm, it shows ok for me, can anyone else not see it? Thanks Brucey, guessing the screenshot works ok for you?

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#6]
I can see it here on safari

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#7]
guessing the screenshot works ok for you?

Yes thanks.
And thanks for the heads-up on bfxr. Some nice additions there I might add to my sfxr module :-)

GaryV(Posted 2014) [#8]
Gary, mmm, it shows ok for me,
Of course it will, it is your account it is linked to.

DropBox really isn't good for hotlinking pictures.

Schwang(Posted 2014) [#9]
Gary, it works OK for others (see above). It's the public link, and has worked everywhere else, sorry that it's not appearing for you.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2014) [#10]
The pic works fine here on android phone and pc...but yes I've had problems with dropbox in the past.

big10p(Posted 2014) [#11]
I can see the screenshot but have had trouble hosting pics on dropbox, too. I use postimage.org for all my piccies, instead.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2014) [#12]
Thanks for that info big10p.

Schwang(Posted 2014) [#13]
In case anyone's interested (ya right :]), I've updated it so you can collect matter by just walking over it, in addition to using the abductor ray. Link from the OP still applies.

Mr. Goober(Posted 2014) [#14]
I like the screenshot. I am on mobile so I can't try it out right yet.

About Dropbox, the reason why some images don't show up for some people is because the image is prefixed with https:// instead of http://. The only thing the poster needs to do is remove the s when adding an image from dropbox.

Neuro(Posted 2014) [#15]
I liked it, though the turrets kept taking me out. Anyway to actually kill it? also, you should add that parallax like in choplifter when flying around.

Schwang(Posted 2014) [#16]
Thanks Neuro!

You mean any way to kill the turrets? Yeah, loads of ways.

Use the default bile spit weapon (it's better whilst landed) but better to buy upgrades from your homebase. Lasers & photons work great.

You can also tractor up humans, cows, or matter without absorbing them until they turn radioactive, drop them like bombs (cows are the best).

The parallax idea is cool, I've intended to add some more interesting-looking foreground and backgrounds but my free time has run out a little.