Main Menu Pic

Community Forums/Showcase/Main Menu Pic

BLaBZ(Posted 2014) [#1]
Here's a pic of the main menu. I'd say blitzMAX still has it :)

Yue(Posted 2014) [#2]
power full!!

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#3]
RTS Game? I am looking forward to playing that :D

Taron(Posted 2014) [#4]
Uh, that looks like you're having some great fun! Very thought-provoking! 8}

Kryzon(Posted 2014) [#5]
Attractive layout.
Did you check with Facebook and Twitter if you have permission to use their logos?

BLaBZ(Posted 2014) [#6]
I didn't but thank for making that point.

I found this article, looks like the only way I can use their logo's is if they're unmodified, so twitter is ok, as the color is the same but facebook not so much.

Interesting -
Twitter Guidelines - https://about.twitter.com/press/brand-assets
Facebook Guidelines - https://www.facebookbrand.com/

Thanks for pointing this out! Could of caused a lot of trouble in the future :)

thehawk2323(Posted 2014) [#7]
Nice,this is an RTS creator right? So when it's released how publicly and I make a game with it how do you want me to give you credit:
ex (most noticeable to least noticeable):
In the game's intro.
Credits menu.
Credits.txt
None.

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#8]
I found this article, looks like the only way I can use their logo's is if they're unmodified, so twitter is ok, as the color is the same but facebook not so much.

Except you did modify the twitter logo -- yours is colored #469BAB and their branding guide says it should be #55ACEE

BLaBZ(Posted 2014) [#9]
@thehawk2323 - No credit is required! The software will sell for $69.95, include a handful of models(about 45) you can use it to create and publish as many rts games as you want.

@xlsior - Noted! I had a graphic artist design this, so the color "looks" similar but knowing it's not I'll make the changes. Thanks a ton!

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#10]
how easy is to create RTS? What the goal on RTS? for example to build base on resource moneys(as you see in commander and conquer) then once they have big armys then ready crunch other enemys like ant!

BLaBZ(Posted 2014) [#11]
You could create a RTS game in less than 4 minutes with no code, create resources, economies etc. It's really easy.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#12]
Nice one and will there be demo to try out? What the release data if you dont mind me asking.....I did rather you take time with it and polish it up when it is ready :)

BLaBZ(Posted 2014) [#13]
You can try the beta from the website. 1-2 Month release date.

http://www.rtscreator.net/

GaryV(Posted 2014) [#14]
Interesting concept. It is a shame you aren't allowed to make programming languages or game creators with BRL products.

BLaBZ(Posted 2014) [#15]
@GaryV is that true? Where does it say that?

Reading your text my heart sank into my throat, I've been working on this for 4 years straight, it would be devastating if I couldn't publish it.

BLaBZ(Posted 2014) [#16]
I can't find any information stating this.

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#17]
@GaryV is that true? Where does it say that?

Pretty sure your game creator is perfectly OK -- what they do frown upon is someone just wrapping all the blitz commands to a bunch of pass-through placeholders in a DLL and releasing it as their own language, without really adding anything.

There's been one or two instances of that happening to blitz3D hence the addition of:

You may distribute executable applications built from
this source code under your own licensing terms. You may
not distribute static or dynamic library files based in
whole or in part on this source code.

to the blitz licenses.

Obviously, your game creator isn't just a language wrapper but an entirely different animal -- should be perfectly OK.

BLaBZ(Posted 2014) [#18]
Thanks xlsior! I read that a few times and saw no real contradiction between the license and what I was doing. Not a single blitz command is exposed and there's about 40,000+ lines of my own code.