ISON v.0.7 Alpha

Community Forums/Showcase/ISON v.0.7 Alpha

Yue(Posted 2013) [#1]
inspiration for my project

about the version: ISON v.0.7 Alpha

The new version shows:

- A new model of the robot on Mars oportunity.
This model was developed with fragmotion the high polygon had 16 triangles, and it has 4000 triangles.

- Improvement in the Martian environment. (sky, ground, lighting)

- Game bugs.

I am aware that many things can be done better, and I'm always on that, improve something, implement something, in which case we are still far from that is a playable version, but at some point I hope they can Play at least one mission .

- Arm movement is temporarily canceled due to the new model, but will be implemented in a future release.

For now you can move from side to side on Mars xD

-Movement keys.
W, S, D, A
Brake-Key.
Key space.

Download here new update : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lnx64y1qv9v5597/koQ1UneL9O

Yue(Posted 2013) [#2]
--- Opps double post ---

Rick Nasher(Posted 2013) [#3]
No source? I hate exe's. This early stage am sure there's nothing to steal, only to collaborate/contribute.

What does it do sofar? Perhaps a video?

Rick Nasher(Posted 2013) [#4]
No source? I hate exe's. This early stage am sure there's nothing to steal, only to collaborate/contribute.

What does it do sofar? It's Mars I'm guessing. Perhaps a video?

Rick Nasher(Posted 2013) [#5]
Ah well, ran it into a virtual box.. Nice intro. Like the shooting stars stuff.

Ploppy(Posted 2013) [#6]
Works fine for me, nice clean GUI setup too...

Kryzon(Posted 2013) [#7]
TinyPic has begun to make their direct links not direct anymore - they redirect to their website, which is a dishonest practice at best.
You should use Postimg.org to post your images from now on.

Here's the image in case anyone else can't see it:
http://s27.postimg.org/hm3jod92b/52alie.jpg

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#8]
TinyPic image works fine here.

Kryzon(Posted 2013) [#9]
I've used another browser with no cookies and it appeared then. Intriguing.

Yue(Posted 2013) [#10]
Edit First Post.

RemiD(Posted 2013) [#11]
The render looks interesting but what am i supposed to do ?
I suggest to add some explanations, maybe a step by step tutorial to learn how to play the game.

Yue(Posted 2013) [#12]
Hello i am edit first post.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2013) [#13]
Really love the look, style and feel to this Yue.

Perhaps you can let it ride of the launchpad as a starting point and leave some tracks on the terrain as in this animation video.

But you are probably already planning that.

Yue(Posted 2013) [#14]
Great video, thank you very much to show me, this works great inspiration for me.

A greeting.

Edit:

I enjoyed a detail on back wheels, which also rotate like wheels later =)

RemiD(Posted 2013) [#15]
This seems to work well here, the ambiance is original indeed.
However i would modify the controls so that when the user is not trying to turn the wheels, the wheels come back to their initial orientation (straight).

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#16]
Hey Yue, no update? I'm curious to see what you're up to.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#17]
@RemiD Yes, you're right, I'll remember that for the next version, I'm currently rewriting all the code with respect to the physical because I migrated to physical bullet.

A greeting.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#18]
Even though I like it, I noticed PhysX was slowing things down tremendously in my code.

Is there a big performance increase using Bullet Physics?

Yue(Posted 2014) [#19]
@Rick Nasher
I think the bullet physics system is much better than the physics system PhisX

Update first Post.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#20]
Nice, this makes me wanna try the Bullit system. The bouncing is very suitable for the initial landing of the casing the robot comes in. Driving speed is bit high at my system.

Just an idea: create a task/mission to achieve(for instance search for certain rocktype to drill, find water or ultimately: life!) and return to base before batterypower runs out and if runs out it needs to charge/take a little break using the solarpanels. For the rockdrilling/searching perhaps you can switch to binoculars mode.

You can make it more daring by creating day-night cycles when it can't charge due to lack of sun and batteries drain faster and hills/valleys that cost more power. You can also distribute battery packs/power up's over the terrain in sub missions to increase the searchrange the robot can handle.

Another idea: create a hideout for meteorite showers, which come at certain intervals..

If all this doesn't clash with the plans you already have of course. :-)

Yue(Posted 2014) [#21]
Your ideas are great and welcome. There are many things that still plays then move to implement the missions.

I am currently improving the system saved the game, then move to the system of indicators such as solar Energia, and damage.

A greeting.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#22]
Btw, I noticed you encoded/protected the files such as gfx, sound etc. into ".img" format. What are you using for that? Some library or a custom made thing?

Yue(Posted 2014) [#23]
i am use lib bone PakMaker of terabit.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/toolbox/toolbox.php?tool=30

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#24]
Ah yeah heard of that one before, but no longer avail:
404 - File or directory not found.

You have this somewhere I download?

Yue(Posted 2014) [#25]
Ok, one moment and upload it and I'll pass, just as it is free.

The trick I do is create the archivo.pack and simply changed her Artificial any other, either. Dat. Img, that trick I apply equally to the libraries in the file that calls it.

The idea of this is to make everyone believe that it is not Blitz3D.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#26]
Ok, download here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39767349/PakMaker.zip
:)

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#27]
Thank you very very much, was looking for this for a while.

I think Blitz Research should put up a file repository where files like this can be uploaded to so they don't get lost when hosting sites go down.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#28]
Ok any concerns about what can help you. :)

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#29]
Ya know, that's a good idea, @Rick Nasher! So I've done it! :P Making a new thread for it :D

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#30]
@GF: I knew there still was good in you Darth Fawkes, you haven't turned completely to the dark side. ;-)

But I mean Blitz Research *themselves* should do it cos if you got, for instance, hit by a meteor and stopped paying bills, all would be going down the drain again still..

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#31]
Hehe! Yup! =D

Yue(Posted 2014) [#32]
New update.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#33]
Like the way you've managed to get collision to work on the arm.
Another game idea: resque mission for the Spirit rover, that is stuck in a crater and needs to be pulled out with the arm or deliver spare parts to it for repaira.

Also you can go on a hunt for the doughnut rock that mysteriously appeared:

Which is called a mushroom by some weird dude who's now putting NASA to court for hiding life on Mars. lol

By the way: the site contains some realy nice images of the Mars surface which perhaps can be used in heightmaps for terrain?

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/mer/index.html#.UuygivmwK3t

As pointed out by RemiD Multitextured terrain is the way to go, you can then add a lighttexture which can be used to create the tracks on, left by the Opportunity rover. I use it for scorched terrain after explosions.

Oh: noticed no version 5 in dropbox..

Yue(Posted 2014) [#34]
Hi, you really have great ideas that help me greatly, I'm now stuck with version 5 as compared to the soil, because the trimesh robot when in contact with the lower field will greatly FPS, which does not happen if I use a hull, but the collision would not be as realistic.

Another thing I noticed about the energy habras robot is not yet clear as I recharge, I remember you told me something about batteries in the field, but as the sun gets, I thought that when it runs out lasts about 30 seconds to reload those solar panels, and the time will depend on the health of the robot.

a Greeting.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#35]
Update First Post...

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#36]
Sounds like a good plan. Checked out latest version, but the terrain could be bit more varied/steeper to make it more interesting/dangerous. It now appears a bit too flat. If in the event the robot tips over, then it just may add to excitement of the gameplay.

Also I would make craters and gorges. For instance something like this:

Yue(Posted 2014) [#37]
Hello, you're absolutely right about the ground, in which case I'm trying to do a little better and the next version will have a more rugged terrain.

A greeting.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#38]
looking good.

Xilvan(Posted 2014) [#39]
This Marsh Vehicles looks nice and
good luck with your current project.

Friendly,

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#40]
Was gonna defend you in Ploppy's thread, but that would taken up another line in an already very busy thread, so I decided against it, and let Ploppy rule his own thread. ;-)

Yue(Posted 2014) [#41]
@Xylvan Thank you for your encouragement.

@Do not say that, I think people are much more complicated, but hey let's not trouble for that ;)

New version soon.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#42]
@Xylvan Thank you for your encouragement.

@Do not say that, I think people are much more complicated, but hey let's not trouble for that ;)

New version soon.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#43]
Ah well still did it anyway. Couldn't resist. Was just too...

Yue(Posted 2014) [#44]
Update First post... :D

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#45]
Looks great, but when trying to run V0.6 I'm getting an error msg: "Error Fatal: Nro.x0009", which is a pitty.

But: Terrain looks much better in the video and love what you did to the rover's texture. May I ask what program you use for texturing?

Yue(Posted 2014) [#46]
Hello, I use Fragmotion, the question about the error is, That error appears in the progress bar loading menu entry?, Is bad news and I look to see what it is.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#47]
Hi, I created a new executable (exe only) in place of downloads, version 06a.

A greeting.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#48]
Working ok now, after the fix.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#49]
Thanks You!!

Yue(Posted 2014) [#50]
new model.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#51]
New alpha free.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#52]
Very smooth indeed, very much like the fx. Great work Yue.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#53]
Thanks Ploppy. :) I sometimes feel that this is like this.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#54]
Hey Yue, no updates? Or.. are you thinking of using the Sphere Terrain from Blitz-Irrlicht?

Yue(Posted 2014) [#55]
Hi, this is stuck for lack of time, I actually really like Irrlicht, hope to resume the project when you have less work.

About irlicht is interesting, but would have to spend the entire physical system and would work great.

A greeting.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#56]
Hi Yue,

Appears you killed this thread. Much as I like your new project, I miss this one too.

Wouldn't this make a nice addition for it?

Just a little unfinished adaptation of some piece of Space Game demo code from Krischan(code+media available if you still want to pick this up).