Snowflakes 2013

Community Forums/Showcase/Snowflakes 2013

Krischan(Posted 2013) [#1]
Today is first sunday of advent :-) Some will remember my small demo from last year. This time I put all things together in a single executable with new sampled music based on free MIDIs, grab it here and enjoy the peaceful show. Again - press Space to switch between the two modes, in firework mode press LMB for a new rocket and RMB to reset the rockets.

Download Demo: Letitsnow_2013.zip (5.5MB)

Screenshots (looks even better in action):

Merry christmas and - soon - a happy new year to you all!

Chalky(Posted 2013) [#2]
Very nice. Any chance of a fullscreen version/option?

Krischan(Posted 2013) [#3]
Yes, and beside that I decided to create a separate 2013 version with a new image, a better snowflakes stick effect which blends now with the image and fading / more rockets from the start. The image has now 1920x1200 resolution which should be sufficient for HD fullscreen (instead of my old laptop resolution 1280x800). Get it here now:

Download Single Executable Letitsnow2013.zip (11MB)
or Download Source+Media Letitsnow2013_source.zip (11MB) if you want to compile / create your own version

Be inspired.

Grisu(Posted 2013) [#4]
Thanks for sharing.

Will have a look at is as I try to improve my snowflakes code here:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=101695

Pingus(Posted 2013) [#5]
Nice !

I hope next year the comet will be animated ;-)

Krischan(Posted 2013) [#6]
Hmm let's see - I need to save some ideas for the coming years :-)

Krischan(Posted 2014) [#7]
Bump. It's christmas again! I didn't had the time to make a new one so I simply recycled last year's thread ;-)

Best wishes for the Christmas Season and for a successful year 2015 to you all...

TroM(Posted 2014) [#8]
we need a new Christmas demo... been waiting all year for it!

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#9]
A long long time ago.. I saw a beautiful demo of one of these glass snow bulbs which you can shake to have snow swirling down, with a small village/town in it with lights on etc. Then the cam would zoom in, go through the glass until it was inside the village to fly round across the town x-mass/winter scenes and then eventually zoom back out. Now in my mind that was a Blitz demo, but it's sooo long ago I'm probably imagining things. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#10]
@Rick>>Yes i have tried a game similar to what you describe, the "glass snow bulb" was in a room if i remember correctly.

Krischan(Posted 2014) [#11]
Well not quite a xmas town but I've made a procedural snow globe in Blitz3D years ago: Discworld But I'd like to see the other demo you mentioned, I don't know it yet.

Derron(Posted 2014) [#12]
You know that most often the snow on tropical islands comes packaged in plastic bags :p.

bye
Ron

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#13]
@Krischan>>your snow globe demo is really slow on my computer, any idea why ? (lack of few ("single") surfaces particles maybe ?)

Floyd(Posted 2014) [#14]
Do you have Debug turned on?

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#15]
@Floyd>>yes it was slow because of debug mode on. Thanks !

Krischan(Posted 2014) [#16]
I liked the contrast: procedural snow on procedural tropical islands. Exaggerate to impress ;-) Just kidding, I played Far Cry again and had only islands in my mind when I made it.

Krischan(Posted 2016) [#17]
Bump, it's Christmas again. Sorry no new demo this year again as I'm working on Extrasolar Origin in my spare time.

Download Single Executable Letitsnow2013.zip (11MB)
or Download Source+Media Letitsnow2013_source.zip (11MB) if you want to compile / create your own version

Be inspired.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2016) [#18]
:)

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#19]
For me it's new... First time I see it but very nice!

Blitzplotter(Posted 2016) [#20]
;)