RTS Game

Community Forums/Showcase/RTS Game

BLaBZ(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi All -

This is a draft RTS game I've been working on. Give it a shot and tell me what you think!

Download
http://infotread.com/downloads/Genesys.zip

Let me know what you think and if any exceptions are thrown(hopefully not!)

Hotshot2005(Posted 2013) [#2]
I am big RTS fan and I have download it. Zip it and double click .exe but it doesnt work...

Mine is Window 7 Ultimate 32bit

BLaBZ(Posted 2013) [#3]
Thanks for trying Hotshot!

A few people have been having this issue, doing further testing :)

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#4]
Any News?

Mainsworthy(Posted 2014) [#5]
I like the picture, I may download when I'm online with a PC, I'm on my phone at th moment. Good stuff

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#6]
It was going be on Steam but heard no news yet

BLaBZ(Posted 2014) [#7]
Hi Guys!!

The Steam campaign is coming along great! 8th Place out of 67, only a few more until Greenlight.

I've been working a full time job while trying to do this simultaneously. I'll be leaving my job early September and focusing on this full time. I'll have more updates! :)

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#8]
Great News and have own website about your game to spread the world for everyone know about your game :)

The more people know about your game and the more sale that can possible sold :)

Good Luck :)

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#9]
This is a draft RTS game I've been working on

I do like a good RTS.

Just a few questions :-)

Does it have different levels of AI?
Is it multi-player?
Is it cross-platform? (being that I don't use Windows, and BlitzMax does in fact all you to build on multiple platforms)
Is it cross-platform multi-player? (which is what I definitely like in a game).

Derron(Posted 2014) [#10]
If the game is cross-platform and multiplayer is properly coded, it should work cross-platform. Only things working differently are things like LAN-broadcasting. Rest is implementation specific (external commands for working with sockets etc.).

Imho AI must not have "different levels" but different "characters" (expansion, defensive, riskaware, ...). "levels" often means "artificially made dumber" (eg. you let them do mistakes, you delay responsiveness etc.).

I think I wont buy your RTS but of course I am looking forward regarding the development and potential result.

bye
Ron

BLaBZ(Posted 2014) [#11]
At the moment there is no multiplayer and it is only for windows.

I have plans to add both of these hopefully within the next 5 months. :)