Chariot Raceing boardgame PC & Mac with A.I.

Community Forums/Showcase/Chariot Raceing boardgame PC & Mac with A.I.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hope you guys like old boardgames, the Avalon hill game company made a game called circus maximus, My game is themed on it . its free give it a

I've fixed the points you said, Now you can only do damage to your horse when you whip your own horse, the horse strength has been increased to give you the possibility of whipping your horse more. I've let the race auto run after you have wrecked your chariot. I've lessened the stumble horse effect, and introduced flinched, and sand in your eyes to slow you down at times.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0f8c8eacm5c3ryh/Chariots62WinMac.zip

Hotshot2005(Posted 2013) [#2]
IT would help if you have screenshot because people wont download it without seeing a Screeshot first :)

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#3]
where can I upload a pic, picturepublish went paid, so Im stuck

Hotshot2005(Posted 2013) [#4]
here is http://tinypic.com/ hope that help :)

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#5]
thanks

mkg(Posted 2013) [#6]
Or set up a tumblr or flickr account? They're both free.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#7]
thanks I will look into it, but I don't like signing up to anything, but maybe I will have to thanks

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#8]
tiny pic doesn't require you to sign up for anything.

Have downloaded it and will give it a go later.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#9]
thanks good news

big10p(Posted 2013) [#10]
I use postimge.org for pics. Clean, simple, fast.

http://postimage.org

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#11]
glad to get the info thanks guys

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#12]
I forgot to put in the text file with the game, the secondry objective is to wreck your arch enemy roman chariot, just pick one, and attacking your own chariot can increase speed but at a price use at the ending of the race for speed

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#13]
Thanks for the tinypic info guys great great

mkg(Posted 2013) [#14]
You wait ages for a chariot racing game and then two come along at once.

Qvadriga

Will download and have a play.

mkg(Posted 2013) [#15]
Tried downloading twice - 'does not appear to be a valid archive' when opening in winzip. Can't open with 7 zip either.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#16]
just tried it, and all was ok, maybe try redownloading, promise I just unzipped with winzip and ran it

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#17]
Qvadriga is a game you buy, but looks realy good and I will buy it when its available, mine is a free and fun, and it is a boardgame .

mkg(Posted 2013) [#18]
Ah OK, got it now. I was trying 'right click / save link as' which perhaps doesn't work with files on mediafire. You have to actually click on the link and then download from their site. Perhaps you should warn people about that in case any of your potential players are as stupid as me. I'll have a play later - must go make dinner now.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#19]
mkg, thanks for giving it a run

mkg(Posted 2013) [#20]
I've played three games. I've had fun. Haven't won yet - how many laps are there? I've never played the boardgame so I can't comment on how it compares to that. Are you planning to do more on the graphics and/or add some sound? I think it could be an appealing game with a little polish.

I found it a bit confusing to know when I could attack and when I couldn't; the information in the text file about distance in pixels isn't very helpful - some sort of visual clue in the game itself would be preferable. Also there are some typos in the scrolling text. Sometimes the AI seemed to behave a little strangely - an AI contolled chariot would simply stop for a number of turns when next to a crashed chariot.

I like it, the basic gameplay is fun, I'd like to see it developed more.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#21]
I like your ideas,game needs some more work I will update it. thanks for trying it. its not a repo of the boardgame it just has a few things that look and feel the same

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#22]
Look forward to seeing the improvements you put into this.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#23]
Ok fixed all kinds of things, first whipping has a lot more to it, you see icon and message when someone whips then the result message. Whipping has doubled in the amount of time the chariots get to whip. Totals have increased to allow for more excitement with whips, and to allow you to whip your own horse more.

A.I. has had a major update, I had not touched this project since it was shelved a while back , so sorry for the late update.

I've fixed the points you said, Now you can only do damage to your horse when you whip your own horse, the horse strength has been increased to give you the possibility of whipping your horse more. I've let the race auto run after you have wrecked your chariot. I've lessened the stumble horse effect, and introduced flinched, and sand in your eyes to slow you down at times.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#24]

Regular K(Posted 2013) [#25]
I was pleasantly surprised, it was much more fun than I thought. Solid game idea, just needs tons of refining and polish in my opinion.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#26]
Thanks Regular, I like getting feedback, makes creating a game more fun.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#27]

Ok I've finished and tested FINAL version(for Now :) Drastic changes in the A.I. , now the A.I. will seek in inside lane, speeds are now from 0 to 2 then 3, so it really feels like a race, no more random lane changes, the A.I. will overtake even at Maximum speed. I promise you this version is totaly differrent from my earlier version A.I. its a totally differrent race

Banshee(Posted 2013) [#28]
The AI seem to be able to move fast without hurting their horse, so either I tootle around at the back and loose or I race with them and before long my own horse dies.

Otherwise quite fun for a minutes minutes of throwaway time :).

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#29]
Thanks Banshee, I've finished 2nd a couple of times, and it is possible to win, but I cant say what stategy to use or I will spoil it, but you do need to use stategy to win. Im glad you liked it, The A.I. isn't whipping their own horses as much as the player.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#30]
Banshee, I remember now after you mentioned the A.I. not doing damage to horse, well I made it so the whip caused damage to other chariots but not there own horse, its a balanceing compromise, but the horse is meant to be strong that's why I gave them all a 99 strength, thanks for the reminder

here is a few tips. Keep to the inside lane, whip horse at start to get in front of them all, block the inside lane on the corners, keep at normal speed while in front but if threatened whip hard to get back ahead.