Tompi Jones released!

Community Forums/Showcase/Tompi Jones released!

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi, I'm happy because, after many years of development, "Tompi Jones" is released. As many of you know, "Tompi Jones" is a platform game in 2.5 dimensions made with Blitz3d.

You can see the HD Youtube Trailer: http://youtu.be/_rx3XYS5cuE

Unfortunately the multiplayer option has been removed. After failing crowdfunding campaign has been impossible to get the necessary technical equipment for testing and finish the multiplayer mode with reasonable quality.

I hope to get enough resources to create "Tompi Jones 2" and include a multiplayer mode.

Thanks to all the blitz community for their support!.

I have also created "DreamsSoftGames Bundle 1" with 3 games to offer a lower price: "Tompi Jones", "Arkhelom 3D" and "Breakout Invaders".

Visit the web here: DreamsSoftGames Web

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#2]
You know, having seen some of the stills of the main character in the past I wasn't overly impressed, but I must say that the finished game itself actually looks very professional -- great looking levels, and good atmosphere.

Well done, and good luck with it!

GfK(Posted 2013) [#3]
It looks much better than I thought it was going to, with the goofy coffee bean thing you had in the logo before. I wouldn't worry about multiplayer mode - I can see no reason why you'd want to shoehorn that feature in anyway. I don't think it needs it.

I generally don't like platformers, but there's plenty that do and you might even make a few $$ off of it with exposure in the right places.

(Didn't like the out-of-tune music in the video, though).

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#4]
I get a copy from backing on indiegogo, correct?

Steve Elliott(Posted 2013) [#5]
Gameplay is good on your games guys...good job.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2013) [#6]
You know, having seen some of the stills of the main character in the past I wasn't overly impressed
Couldn't help but think watching the game that the graphical quality of the main character is significantly less than all the foes and the rest of the game. Nonetheless this is a very impressive production overall. I don't think multiplayer is a big loss, either.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2013) [#7]
Hi guys, thanks very much for your comments!!

MadJack(Posted 2013) [#8]
One thing; being asked to create an 'account' at the start of the demo almost had me switching off as it wasn't clear what was being asked of me specifically.

I wouldn't have minded being asked to 'create a profile' however.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2013) [#9]
Hi MadJack. Perhaps these are the problems of translation into English. Not being our native language, some expressions do not express exactly what we want to say. We will correct it in future updates. Thanks.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2013) [#10]
amazing youtube vid, the game looks well.

mkg(Posted 2013) [#11]
Watched the video. Not my sort of game but it does look really nice. Good luck with it.

RemiD(Posted 2013) [#12]
The game looks good and functional, however it is so slow on my computer that i can't play it properly.
Anyway congrats to have finished it.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2013) [#13]
Hi RemiD. What is your computer specifications? Do you have problems with other Blitz3d games?

RemiD(Posted 2013) [#14]

What is your computer specifications?

Lenovo Thinkpad E325, DualCore AMD E-450 APU 1.65Ghz, 6 Go DDR3-1333, Radeon HD 6320 Graphics 384 mo, Windows 7 Home Premium

Do you have problems with other Blitz3d games?

I don't think it is a Blitz3d problem, my others games run fast. Maybe too many particles ?

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2013) [#15]
Hi RemiD, maybe too many particles or some graphic effect may be causing some incompatibility with your graphics card. Anyway this is very strange.