Void of Darkness - Sale

Community Forums/Showcase/Void of Darkness - Sale

Cruis.In(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi everyone, just an update. Desura has released the demo for pre-order. The game will unlock for download on 23rd this month at midnight. Thanks!

HomePage

Desura

Zethrax(Posted 2013) [#2]
Is it too much trouble for you to post a link to the game you want to sell?

GAME: http://www.desura.com/games/void-of-darkness

COMPANY: http://www.desura.com/company/tropical-games

Cruis.In(Posted 2013) [#3]
Must have slipped me in the excitement! Thanks!

Cruis.In(Posted 2013) [#4]
new video was posted here:

http://www.desura.com/games/void-of-darkness/videos/combat-demo

MCP(Posted 2013) [#5]
Very nice looking game. Congratulations and well done! :)

Cruis.In(Posted 2013) [#6]
Hi thanks MCP

Brian @ Spacegamejunkie did a little preview of the demo here:

http://www.spacegamejunkie.com/previews/void-darkness-alpha-impressions/

Actually an 18 minute long youtube video...

Cruis.In(Posted 2013) [#7]
The Linux version is available.

HomePage

Desura

MadJack(Posted 2013) [#8]
How can a void be 'of' something? A void is an emptiness or a negative. Is the title actually saying that something (undefined) is void of darkness and so presumably, is fully lit?

InvisibleKid(Posted 2013) [#9]
referring to "A void is an emptiness or a negative." would still be referring to the void as something though, would it not??? because stating a thing is empty or negative is stating that it is something.

hmmmm something to think about.

TaskMaster(Posted 2013) [#10]
Void also means canceled, like when you void a check. So, maybe it is that you are going out into the darkness to make it light, by voiding it?!?! :)

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#11]
a void is a lack of anything
darkness is a lack of light

When you start thinking about it, the name doesn't make that much sense. :-?

Zethrax(Posted 2013) [#12]
Since the only link he's managed to post to the purchase page for this game he wants people to buy is an unclickable one, I think what's mostly void here is common sense and intelligence.

Seriously people, you've made a game. That's cool. The easy part is over. Now you need to sell it. If you don't have enough brains and creativity to promote your game effectively then most people are going to question whether you have enough brains and creativity to make a game worth their checking out.

Cruis.In(Posted 2013) [#13]
@zethrax You linked it in the top post. I can only assume that [url] [/url] would work.

I wouldn't think I was promoting it here on the community where I created it so much as putting it in the show case, it is not like this is GAME ADS.COM

Your criticism is harsh, not necessary and unfounded. It sounds almost bitter to.

@others As for the title. When it comes to names of 'things' sometimes names do not make sense. In this instance and context, while it is the name of the game, it is also the name of a ship from the game's central story line which was lost during a battle, and which the player must find.

So there is a ship called "Void of Darkness"

I do find the discussion surrounding the title hilarious, keep it going!

Cruis.In(Posted 2013) [#14]
Oh if anyone wants a desura key, email me aussidan@...

should I link the email too or you think you could copy paste it Zethrax?

bup bup, headboard.

HomePage

Desura

MadJack(Posted 2013) [#15]
So there is a ship called "Void of Darkness"

So it's an extremely well lit vessel then?

Not a bit of darkness anywhere on-board.

In fact might be better to call the ship 'Not Dark'

Cruis.In(Posted 2013) [#16]
ROFL....its void of any darkness yes. Lol

Only light within. Why call it 'not dark' when you interpreted the name 'void of darkness' so well, 'not a bit of darkness anywhere on board'.

And not dark would hardly generate this much debate.

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#17]
Not to be mistaken for Dark Void?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/45710/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_1

MadJack(Posted 2013) [#18]
I think I played that one. It was rubbish.

InvisibleKid(Posted 2013) [#19]
since we're on the topic of questioning the choice of a games name, then what's the story behind tank universal. is there some deep meaning or is it just a silly name you came up with that you thought sounded cool? i'm not saying it's a bad or good name, i'm just curious why you chose that particular name.

and I agree zethrax's comment sounded pretty harsh and insulting towards cruis.in

Cruis.In(Posted 2013) [#20]
MadJack you have given me ideas for an addition to some screenplay.

In the game, your crew chats with you about various random things as time goes by. There's hundreds of lines of crew dialogue, and some of it references our modern day pop culture, it is meant to be funny, which the end user will be the judge of in the final game.

However, I think when the player learns that he must find the ship VOD and since the crew know, I'll add a line like.

"Hey Captain, who the hell names a ship Void of Darkness? No Darkness? I'm guessing it is probably an extremely well lit vessel. Shouldn't be hard to find"

Cruis.In(Posted 2013) [#21]
Mac version of the demo is now available. Thanks.

MadJack(Posted 2013) [#22]
then what's the story behind tank universal

I wanted the word 'tank' in the title so people would have a bit of clue what kind of game it was. I also wanted to hint at the idea of a 'universe' or world, hence 'Tank Universal'. But you're right, it's an even more nonsensical title than 'Void of Darkness' ;-)

"Hey Captain, who the hell names a ship Void of Darkness? So no darkness? An extremely well lit vessel? Well then, it shouldn't be hard to find..."

InvisibleKid(Posted 2013) [#23]
hmmm I just thought of something.... the ship produces light from its engines, windows, and weapons fire etc... right...right!!!

so as it goes through the darkness of space it creates a void in that darkness consisting of light, hence Void of Darkness ;-)

MadJack(Posted 2013) [#24]
.. it creates a void in that darkness consisting of light, hence Void of Darkness ;-)

Well now you're just being silly!

InvisibleKid(Posted 2013) [#25]
nah just being pragmatic and expressing thought outside the box, instead of being closed/single minded!!!!!

MadJack(Posted 2013) [#26]
I'm in! Bought a copy off Desura. Will let you know how it goes...

Cruis.In(Posted 2013) [#27]
Coulda ask me for a key... :P

Which version, windows, linux, mac?

MadJack(Posted 2013) [#28]
Windows.

Had a knock-about. Had a chuckle at the window title; "Blitzmax application'

Not sure it's really a game yet so much as the basis for one?

Cruis.In(Posted 2013) [#29]
Game is mostly disabled. Except for the combat.

Hmm Apptitle. :)

Now for icon...

How it runs on a wide variety of systems is important though, how did it run for you?

and what are your computer specs?

MadJack(Posted 2013) [#30]
Ran fine but I have a new machine (8 cores, GTX 760, W8, etc) which currently powers through everything I throw at it...

Cruis.In(Posted 2013) [#31]
lol great!

I'll use that as the minimum specs :P

Cruis.In(Posted 2013) [#32]
Hi everyone, I am so happy to announce, that VOD has entered a beta testing phase. It is feature complete, and feature frozen. I will be polishing, and fixing bugs and working on the user experience and learning curve. Some place holder art is still in, and some more sounds are needed, but those are assets which have nothing to do with the code and the way the game can now be experienced.

The official launch date is now December 15th. So three weeks of feedback from anyone playing the game will see it in even better light.

Thanks.

MadJack(Posted 2013) [#33]
So I can auto-update from Desura?

*(Posted 2013) [#34]
Cruis.in from ya pic the menu looks to squashed together maybe having some space between options would look better

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#35]
Cruis.in from ya pic the menu looks to squashed together maybe having some space between options would look better

+1

Worse, it's not consistent: there IS some proper separation between the 'credits' and 'quit' options, but none of the others.

Cruis.In(Posted 2013) [#36]
Hi thanks. Will fix it.

Mad, yes it should auto update when Desura finish their QA :(

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#37]
Gorgeous looking game.

Cruis.In(Posted 2013) [#38]
hey guys, VOD is on sale today on steam.

Imperium(Posted 2014) [#39]
Amazing looking game. I will have to try this one. The name is just fine!

First time I heard someone say Minecraft I kept hearing Mindcrap. Anyways minecraft is not so much about crafting mines as it is hoarding resources. Yes hoarding resources in a strange block world.... :D