Wave Website V2

Community Forums/Showcase/Wave Website V2

AdamStrange(Posted 2013) [#1]
ok, here's the second revision

http://www.visualjockey.com/wave2/

The first one was created in iWeb. Great for getting things started, not so great for fine tuning.

This one is all hand coded and optimised. Let me know your thoughts, and bugs, etc.

Also interested in your thoughts on the videos/screencasts

Everything is BlitzMax

Steve Elliott(Posted 2013) [#2]
The first thing I noticed is how compressed (low quality) the screen shots are. With horrible jpeg artifacts and blurred text.

AdamStrange(Posted 2013) [#3]
no problem, i'll get it sorted :)

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#4]
PNG support is a standard on browsers now. There is no reason to stick with JPG.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2013) [#5]
Cool. Should make a big difference.

AdamStrange(Posted 2013) [#6]
OK, all jpgs updated with higher res versions, no more jaggies :)
Also updated the about page.
jpg being used for screenshots because of file size 100-200k vs 400k for identical png - no need to waste bandwidth - hehehe.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2013) [#7]
Hmmm it still has the jpeg artifacts - little dots around pictures and especially around text - the worst being the 'Simple interface' screen shot.

100K is far too low. Stop scrimping on pic quality, it makes your site look unprofessional.

big10p(Posted 2013) [#8]
There is no reason to stick with JPG.
You can set the compression level of jpegs, and even make them lossless, I believe.

AdamStrange(Posted 2013) [#9]
ok, point taken :)
Looked into uncompressed jpg and went with png as suggested.

What about the rest of the site?

Steve Elliott(Posted 2013) [#10]
Much better! :)

Site looks good now...just a typo on the "About" Section: "There’s 3D waveform viewing"

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#11]
You can set the compression level of jpegs, and even make them lossless, I believe.

At that point you might as well use PNG.

AdamStrange(Posted 2013) [#12]
hmm, html copy paste error, changed it for the correct ' so should be fine now.

What I will does put up a .dmg with the current version for you to check over :)

OK, Here goes...

http://visualjockey.com/wave2/VJO Wave Ver 1.0.dmg

(you'll need to cut and paste the link as it has spaces - sorry about that)

there is very little documentation apart from the keyboard help and every ui item has help (at the bottom). There are hole here and there, but in general feature correct. It's a very deep beast though...