MaxIDE mod with Icon and Manifest support

Community Forums/Showcase/MaxIDE mod with Icon and Manifest support

rebootbug(Posted 2013) [#1]
http://www.mediafire.com/?x2f11urvdo5cua3

After recently reinstalling Windows 7 I found a few minor issues so have updated MinGW Selector accordingly and bundled a modified MaxIDE with basic plugin support to allow easy icon management and UPX'ing of BlitzMax programs executables, while it is primitive it is still functional and any help or feedback is appreciated in case there is something missing or rather unexpected.

You can create up to 24 plugins to make things easier.
I have created a template plugin based/inspired by the great program BlitzIcon which can be found at
http://landzone.free.fr/blitzicon.htm
in order to quickly create and import your icon and manifests, using GoRC is necessary as it allows names with spaces.

While I have tested this and there is error checking present please backup your BlitzMax folder in case there are any problems, as I cannot be held responsible as this was written for my personal use and I use it myself and simply thought I would share it with others.

Any questions, problems or suggestions let me know
rebootbug aka Brendan

Richard Betson(Posted 2013) [#2]
Hi,

File not available. :(

rebootbug(Posted 2013) [#3]
Hi Richard,

I have reuploaded the file, I accidently omitted a few files.

rebootbug aka Brendan

Richard Betson(Posted 2013) [#4]
Hi,

Cool, I got a copy and all looks good. I'll test it out later today. :)

rebootbug(Posted 2013) [#5]
Hi Richard,

No worries, and apologies for the lack of documentation I was going to cobble together the changes one would have to make to MaxIDE but haven't got around to it just yet, and the added code is a little messy but I think it still gets the job done.

I should mention if you drop in a new FASM.exe in Bin and then start the modified MaxIDE it will prompt you to optionally rebuild all modules as I save a crc32 of fasm.exe in Bin 'fasm.crc' to quickly detect when a new version has been installed.

I also use MinGW Selector to select which MinGW version has the least problems with the most modules and so far for me it is TDM-GCC.

Thanks to Brucey the BlitzMax Module coding legend it works superbly with almost all BaH, Qt, WxWidgets etc.

I was using JosueGuomes modified Nuwen distro before this with good results but the later Nuwen distros have been somewhat problematic.

rebootbug aka Brendan