Heroes' Fate *Action miltiplayer RPG*

Community Forums/Showcase/Heroes' Fate *Action miltiplayer RPG*

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#1]
Heroes' Fate is a party based game, max of 5 players per party. Other then the main towns/taverns the entire game is instanced for you and your party.

Many skills and spells await for you to learn! This is an action combat RPG, so dont be afraid to swing away as fast as you can, but beware, you will get tired, preventing you from inflicting damage and your ability to run!

Good and Evil are in play, the things you choose to do will effect this!

New combat vid Battle with Zalius!

Watch Video of starting out!

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#2]
Amazing!

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#3]
Great atmosphere.

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#4]
Thanks guys, beta tests went great, and the game will be released this coming friday the 15th!

Kryzon(Posted 2013) [#5]
Top-notch man.
Can you give a low-down on the development? Like, how much time was taken, what blitz products and libs you using etc.

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#6]
Thanks Kryzon

Development took 4 years (this May). That was when i bought the 'realmcrafter' software. It didnt take long to realize what a POS it was and required a total rewrite. Now i was actually hired by Solstar as a realmcrafter programmer, and my code known as 'siredSOURCE' will soon be available which is blitz3d and blitz+

This game runs wicked fast, ive battled with buddies fighting 40+ mobs at the same time running 100+ fps.

The scripting language is BriskVM, and i also used fastlibs for shadows and postprocess, but that source was also edited to my specifications.

Iowalien(Posted 2013) [#7]
This looks very cool. Are you going to soon release?

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#8]
@ Iowan ... this friday the 15th :D

RemiD(Posted 2013) [#9]
Made with Blitz3d ? This is good.
I am curious about the gameplay.

Well done !

big10p(Posted 2013) [#10]
Screenies look great. Nice moody atmosphere.

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#11]
Thanks for the comments!

The gameplay is a mix of many gamestyles.... you have hack/slash....puzzle solving....RPG elements... ill be sure to post a download link here this friday for those interesed in trying it out.

During beta, everyone loved the game, however many hated the cam at first, as it took getting used to... they like it now lol.

Wings(Posted 2013) [#12]
Crisp graphics. Looks line a 1.000.000 triss renderng.. sweet

Amanda Dearheart(Posted 2013) [#13]
Great man,

what does POS mean?

Kryzon(Posted 2013) [#14]
Positively Outstanding Service.
Lol jking. It actually means "piece of sh**".

I like what he did with RealmCrafter: if something's not quite good, do it yourself.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2013) [#15]

When is soon? Is this an MMORPG kit for Blitz3D?

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#16]
Soon is in the next month or 2...... as for an mmo kit?

Not really, sure you can have lots of players on, but the code restricts players to a max of 5 in combat areas, an instance is created. This is to restrict the load on the client.

Where there is no combat, towns for example, then there is no cap on players, these areas are where players can gather to basicly lobby around and find other players to go on the quests with them.

Also, there is a cap of 200 players per server. I may or maynot change that in the future, as i have yet to have 200 players on to see the results. Most i have had on at 1 time was around 30, and everyone had 0 issues.

200 was just a guess on where to cap the server.... could be 100... could be 350... idk until i get there.

TeaBoy(Posted 2013) [#17]
any chance of getting that link? wanna try this awesome piece of work :)

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#18]
Click here!

TeaBoy(Posted 2013) [#19]
I briefly had a bash last night, I can definately tell you have put your heart and soul into this as it shows.

This is my type of game, nicely polished, well thought out and definately see it being popular.

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#20]
thanks TeaBoy! And thanks for taking the time to try it out!

Leon Drake(Posted 2013) [#21]
wow man, i been watching the progress of this for a couple years now from the RC forums, it's great you finally got this released. Gratz!!

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#22]
thanks, hope you have time to try it out.

A few issues are under way of being fixed. Problems with the menu and such (rez/controls) .... seems the packed program is having troubles lol .....

Ill be hammering away at docs once this issue is resolved.

RemiD(Posted 2013) [#23]
I have tried your video game.

What i like :
->The graphics style
->The flowers :)
->The dialogue system seems interesting
->The controls are easy to understand and learn

What i think can be improved :
->Possibility to decrease the blur/bloom effect
->A tutorial or some instructions maybe ? What am i supposed to do ? I have visited the city and the different shops, talked to the npcs, and ? I have no coins, no weapon, no armor, i have not found a quest or a task to do in exchange of coins.
->Some colliders seem to be put at the wrong position. For example when i wanted to leave the upper part of the city, i have clicked several times one the door without any reaction, and then i have clicked before the door and the trigger seems to have worked.

I think that this is already a great accomplishement with all the 3d models you have made, and the different systems to make it functionnal, and i am sure you will manage to improve it with the players feedback.

If i understand correctly, your strategy is to provide a free game and to sell coins (or additional coins) to buy stuff ?
Ok why not, but i hope for you that you will manage to earn more with the sale of coins than the cost of the server.

About the coins : is it possible to find/earn coins in the game without having to buy coins with Paypal ?

RemiD(Posted 2013) [#24]
Oh and another question please :
About the clothes, armors, weapons that player can put on his character, how do you manage this ? Do you add several skinned meshes on a skeleton and write a new .b3d file ? Else how do you manage to add a skinned mesh (the clothes) over another skinned mesh (the skin) ?

Thanks,

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#25]
Thanks for the feedback!

Coins are all over the game, the ones on the site are actually a different currency, later in the game, youll notice some NPC's only accept the Hero Coin vs the Gold Coin.

The clothing is by replacing the textures, weapons and such are attached to a bone in the skeleton.

As for doors, ive noticed different screen rez changes the mouse placements a tad.... ill have to look into that.... But, youll know when to click as to the mouse will change from a target icon to an arrow icon. Ill be sure to mention that in the docs. Thanks again for the feedback!

RemiD(Posted 2013) [#26]

Coins are all over the game, the ones on the site are actually a different currency, later in the game, youll notice some NPC's only accept the Hero Coin vs the Gold Coin.

Ok

The clothing is by replacing the textures, weapons and such are attached to a bone in the skeleton.

I see. Thanks

KronosUK(Posted 2013) [#27]
isn't it EULA and not UELA?

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#28]
lol, where did i mess that up at so i can fix it.... damn fingers :P

KronosUK(Posted 2013) [#29]
After clicking on the download button on front page it takes you to the "User End License Agreement" page.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2013) [#30]
So what exactly is this "kit-like" thing?

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#31]
fixed thanks lol

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#32]
I couldnt get the vid to embed, so here is the link, is interested.

This shows the game intro, kinda a little walkthrouh, about 15 min.

Watch Video of starting out!

RemiD(Posted 2013) [#33]
The spiders in the tombs do not seem dangerous ;)

After this video i suggest to add some things :
->A tutorial/help mode with messages about what it is possible to do in game and how to use each window.
->A window with hints on what to do next depending on the active quest.
->The possibility to cancel the active quest or to choose another quest if the player is blocked in some way.
->About the dialogue system, maybe you can improve it by coloring the important keywords in a different color like in Morrowind (i don't remember if it is already done in game)

Good work, keep it up !

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#34]
Thanks for more feedback, yeah lots of changes have been made from the player feedback.

Blood level and witchcraft level now slowly regen
Lockpicking made easier
Barrel/crate search has better odds
Few UI changes and script edits.

There is no way to cancel a quest, but there is also no set "active", they are all active, do them/or not in the order you want.

Also, there is no quest that is mandatory, as the story line will change as to the quests you do, no player will have the same experience. Everyone starts the same, but no all will follow the same path. Good actions make you good, evil actions make you evil, NPC's react to your reputation, offering a quest or not, in addition a players sub race also plays an effect on that.

There is a document section on the Heroes Fate forum pages, i still need to complete it, but there is a lot of data thus far.

RemiD(Posted 2013) [#35]
Yes i have seen the lockpicking in the video, this is well done.

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#36]
Some server and client edits.

You can now zoom the cam out
Faster player rotations
New scripting command added "Cam Shake"
- This is to basicly shake the cam for certain events, such as explosions and such.

New weapons and spells added
3 more areas to explore, that makes 34 now.

Server be back on Friday

stayne(Posted 2013) [#37]
Good work man I like the video. Haven't tried the game yet. I take it you did all the voices yourself? If you need help with that email me. I've done a lot of voice work.

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#38]
Cool stayne, thanks! Im running out of voices LOL

stayne(Posted 2013) [#39]
You bet! Just send me something (small script, type of voice, mood, etc) to use to record you a sample if you want.

Imperium(Posted 2013) [#40]
Excellent art! Very professional.

Amazing work but I 2nd that the Blur and Bloom is a bit nauseating. It's one effect which I wish wasn't so popular. The worst offender is Skyrim with everything in the world being super shiny...

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#41]
Thanks for the comment!

Its true, sometimes the bloom is too much, i need to make it adjustable, i notice on my laptop, it looks great, then on my desk, kinda bright.... i guess it depends on the users settings on their monitor.

The new client download is up, version 1.1.1

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#42]
New combat vid Battle with Zalius!

Hope you like the new vid!

Ravl(Posted 2013) [#43]
that font.. u should change it :)

the rest is very, very impressive!

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#44]
Si, looks nice. There is a misspelling after you win the battle. You have congradulations, it should be congratulations.

siredblood(Posted 2013) [#45]
lol, thanks, :D

About the font, its the font i started with over 3 years ago, would be WAY too much hassle to even think of changing it.