The Garden (TTL)

Community Forums/Showcase/The Garden (TTL)

JBR(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi, done a few levels, to show some of the elements in the game. Still pretty basic but fun I hope.

Please read the Instructions file.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQUdS6Qk320

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/40407317/The%20Garden.zip

Jim

big10p(Posted 2013) [#2]
Nice! What's it written in?

matibee(Posted 2013) [#3]
Very nice indeed -- I ain't heard that song for 20 years :)

Downloading now!

Derron(Posted 2013) [#4]

I ain't heard that song for 20 years :)

Maybe you should listen more.

Hope all licences were taken care of (to avoid (c) infringement).

@game:
the flowers look a bit blurry to me (when watching the videos)... it more looks like "flowers are textures moving over the same mesh that the ground uses". This irritates my brain as I am awaiting something different.

bye
Ron

JBR(Posted 2013) [#5]
Written in BMax with Xors3D.

Also, I used Graphics3D 0,0 so it would select the highest resolution available.

Works great on my 1920x1080 ... what about yours?

The video is of bad quality, play the game :-)

Also, the sounds are stereo, if an explosion to the left the sound is left, got it working for both playing modes.

I'd really love to get a game published, like many I imagine. What are the odds of getting this published? (obviously needs a bit more work).

Jim

RemiD(Posted 2013) [#6]
Fun game. Original graphics. I like it, well done.

Some suggestions :
->Possibility to have the truster in the direction where the ship is moving (front,back,left,right)
->Possibility to put my own music

How many particles are there on the screen at maximum ?
I have only 14Fps after having pressed on F1

A question please :
How have you done the progressive red coloring effect on the screen when the ship moves on the red floating star ?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2013) [#7]
Looks nice! I guess the use of external dlls rules out the possibility of a mac demo?

JBR(Posted 2013) [#8]
@John, don't think it will work on mac.

@RemiD, good idea with the thrusters, with the music are you talking about the player playing their own music?

The red star effect is based on StevieG code for making sine bumps in the landscape. I converted it to do ellipses and then the star.

Jim

JBR(Posted 2013) [#9]
Forgot to ask RemiD, what are your specs?

There are no limits on the number of particles, but there is a limit of 128k particle trails.

I've got a i7 at 4.8Ghz with 6950 graphics and it still slows down at full settings. Just designed that way, some slow down is ok, but 60Hz should be the norm most of the time. 14Fps is way slow.

Jim

RemiD(Posted 2013) [#10]
JBR>>
My computer specs :
Lenovo Thinkpad E325, DualCore AMD E-450 APU 1.65Ghz, 6 Go DDR3-1333, Radeon HD 6320 Graphics 384 mo, Windows 7 Home Premium

with the music are you talking about the player playing their own music?

Yes, maybe add a directory where the player can put his own music. I prefer electronic/trance/techno music for this kind of games. But it is just my preference.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2013) [#11]
Very nice, runs slow on my system as you might imagine lol.