Monky2 Linux build errors.

Community Forums/Monkey2 Talk/Monky2 Linux build errors.

Richard Betson(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hi,

I am finally getting around to testing Monky2 (latest github release) on Linux Mint 17.2 (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS based) and I get a few build errors (running buildall.sh). I am trying to sort out whats going wrong and I thought I would post the build console output in case someone else has had similar issues.

Richard Betson(Posted 2016) [#2]
Hmmmm.. The thread list showed a post from Mark but there is no post here. Maybe he went, hmmmm and deleted it. :)

Richard Betson(Posted 2016) [#3]
I see a possible fix for the Linux error on Github and am getting a copy.

Richard Betson(Posted 2016) [#4]
The good news is that the 'std' module compiled and the gettimeofday() fix seems to work. Now though the build fails on compiling the mojo module. I see these mojo errors in console.

Edit: @Mark - I added this as on issue on Github. Do you prefer this method of error reporting as opposed to here?

Mojo build errors.

Full build console output.

marksibly(Posted 2016) [#5]
Try:

./rebuildmx2cc.sh
./rebuildall.sh

Note: stuff on github is NOT stable, in particular, changes to the compiler may mean it has problems building itself. For stable releases, use one of the 'tagged' versions, eg: v004.

I am trying to commit more often to github instead of letting things accumulate, but I wont be doing a whole 'rebuildall' cycle on each target before pushing changes so use the current github code at your own risk! It'll likely get more stable in future but things are gonna be pretty volatile over the next few weeks I think.

Richard Betson(Posted 2016) [#6]
For stable releases, use one of the 'tagged' versions, eg: v004.

Will do. I'll also report only what I find bug/error wise on these stable releases.

Try:
./rebuildmx2cc.sh
./rebuildall.sh

No luck there.

Thanks for the input. I'll give v004 a try and see how it goes. ;)

Richard Betson(Posted 2016) [#7]
@Mark,
I got v0.004 working and compiling the hello world example which works. :) I had to manually apply changes to the code base for the gettimeofday() fix to get it working so v0.004 does have that issue. I also got the "Makedocs error: Can't resolve link 'Eachin' " error which I think has been fixed if I recall correctly.

Other then that it's time to have a little fun. :)

Richard Betson(Posted 2016) [#8]
V0.0004 (same changes as above) also working on Linux Mint 17.3 using the same dependencies in my guide in the tutorials forum. Sweet! :)