comments passing, sounds, image stutter

Community Forums/Monkey2 Talk/comments passing, sounds, image stutter

abakobo(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi! three little questions (wishes...)

----- Comments
Will the comments pass through transcompilation? As long as transcompilation will look like the original code in its structure (in opposition to MX1), this could be a great feature for sharing code with other programmes or add things before the last compile/linking.
------ Sound
Is sdl more capable in terms of sound. If so will it's cpabilities used in MX2's mojo? My hope is having a kind of tracker.
------ Video
I've seen some discussions on image stutter, smooth animation.
http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=10141
http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=9918
and marksilby telling somwhere that for him vsync is the best way to get fluid animations.
Will there be something automatic in MX2 mojo2 for this or will we have to count millisecs and wait vsync to get fluid animations?

I know MX2 is not at the mojo stage, so it's just to guess how far it will go in terms of game dev...

k.o.g.(Posted 2015) [#2]
+1 for Comments

Danilo(Posted 2015) [#3]
Comments would be nice, but unfortunately clean MX(2) syntax can't just be directly
translated to plain C++. See Mark's Blog about it.
C++ doesn't do forward references, and you often need to duplicate code sections (header/declaration and actual implementation).
All more modern languages don't use this old concept anymore, AFAIK. It's just annoying to duplicate
the same stuff over and over again.

Anyway, some type of relationship between original MX2 code and the generated code, in the form of comments,
would indeed be nice and could also help with debugging.
PureBasic does this pretty good. It translates PB to ASM line by line (or statement by statement),
and the original PB code is always a comment within the generated ASM code, followed
by the generated code. The whole original code is included in the ASM output, not just
the comments. Pretty good, never seen a complaint about this special feature.