Release date and pricing....

Community Forums/Monkey2 Talk/Release date and pricing....

patbou(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi!

I'm thinking about getting MonkeyX Pro but is it best to wait for MX2?

Will it be a free update for the owners of MX?

Thank you!!

degac(Posted 2015) [#2]
Hi

MX2 will be free/open source, it's not meant to be an 'update', but something new.
Probably something (mojo2?) will be re-used in MX2.

In any case, MX1 is a 'finished product' (=stable and working), MX2 is still a WIP, it's in a sort of beta-testing, not full-featured... no ETA really announced for the final release.

You could consider to buy MX1, use it for your own projects and in the same way support financially BRL for the development of MX2, that as said It will be free.

Danilo(Posted 2015) [#3]
See also Monkey2 development blog for progress info.
You can download Pre-Alpha 2 there for testing (requires MX1).

Mark's general Blog: markspace

Monkey2 Patreon page for supporters/funders: Up to some serious monkey business...

popcade(Posted 2016) [#4]
Hi,

Don't think it's meaningful to open a new thread, so I want to ask a question:

What'll happen to current Monkey-X product, as I'm planning to buy it but I don't know current Monkey-X will be deprecated?
From the blog post it seems Mark will make a guide for Monkey to move to Monkey2 or some translator, but not all targets will get migrated.

Phil7(Posted 2016) [#5]
Only Mark can answer this question for sure, but I think at some point it has to be deprecated and maybe put to open source. It's just a matter of resources because Mark is doing this mainly as a one man show. This happened before to the older Blitz products as far as I know. ... but I'm just guessing.

Danilo(Posted 2016) [#6]
Mark said he intends to continue to support and tweak MX1:
http://marksibly.blogspot.co.nz/2015/05/monkey2.html

If MonkeyX works for you now, buy it now. You never know the future, so you can only decide now. ;)
$99 one-time fee for all targets, and comes with all sources... it's not that bad, in my opinion.

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#7]
If MonkeyX works for you now, buy it now.

It's also a way to support BRL!

Danilo(Posted 2016) [#8]
BTW, @Playniax:
If you click '[More Info]' for the MonkeyX+IgnitionX bundle in the MonkeyX store,
you get information about Pyro, not Ignition X!

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#9]
Ah, I see what you mean. Thanks! I wil ask Mark to change it.