Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows MarketPlace?

Community Forums/Monkey2 Talk/Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows MarketPlace?

Amon(Posted 2015) [#1]
I know these are not officially going to make the Monkey2 supported export so in a bid to make it possible I propose a way that will make it beneficial to BRL and Myself.

I am willing to spend $200 per anum to subscribe, if one became available, to a Windows Phone 8.1 / Windows MarketPlace export license for Monkey2.

If at some stage it becomes available for monkey2 and is free then I won't bother using it.

Yep, you read it correctly. I will not use a free WinPhone 8.1/10 & MarketPlace Win8/10 exporter for Monkey2.

I will only use it if it is a paid exporter, sold and mainained by BRL for Monkey2 and its price range less than $300 per year to license.

Thank you.

Xaron(Posted 2015) [#2]
Nice! Would love to see that as well.

skid(Posted 2015) [#3]
Surely you mean $20,000 or were you just making a joke?

Amon(Posted 2015) [#4]
Surely you mean $20,000 or were you just making a joke?

No and no!

I based the price on what other competing products charge for specific platform support i.e. WinPhone/WinStore etc

$20,000 is still a little low imho. An exporter with as much work needed done to it as a WinPhone/WinStote would need would and should be priced higher. In a big game studio scenario, only though.

A license for under $300 per anum for indies with a revenue less than $50,000 and with a team no larger than 3 people would be applicable only by those terms.

Large studios or those with above $50,000 turnover per anum would of course not be able to license the indie version and that's where the $20,000 or higher license cost comes in to play.

Everybody and anybody would have access to the exporter. Unlicensed users are not permitted to use the exporter in any way shape or form if it means they will earn money. A free game with in app purchases is not allowed either.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2015) [#5]
the problem is that if you're the only person willing to pay for it, it costs a bit more than $200 to develop and maintain such a thing with the level of commercial support you expect... I'm fine with seeing a free (libre) one pop up, but I'm guessing that the only reason you want to see it be paid-only is because you want it supported commercially, and the demands you place on its development isn't a very attractive carrot to others who'd have to fill in the $n (minus $200) gap to support its development..

dopeyrulz(Posted 2015) [#6]
I hope to one day see W10 universal app support so we can target Windows (Desktop), Phone and eventually Xbox One!

Amon(Posted 2015) [#7]
+1 on dopeyrulz hope!

skid(Posted 2015) [#8]
Windows 10 will be Android compatible any time now.