When is the first monkey2 beta ready ?

Community Forums/Monkey2 Talk/When is the first monkey2 beta ready ?

GC-Martijn(Posted 2015) [#1]
How long do we have to wait for this new monkey2 ?

Because my target is: ios/android/desktop and i'm working now in the old mojo.
The new mojo2 is maybe good but don't is future proof (optimised for my targets)

And reading some things about the new monkey2, i'm really want to work with the new monkey2 to get all the future benefits.

But when is the first beta ready ?
Over 2/3/4/5/6 months ? or next year ?

If the first beta is ready between now and 2 months than I stop working in the old monkey right now. and wait for it.

DruggedBunny(Posted 2015) [#2]
Mark has suggested an initial release in a month or so, but this is likely to be very much subject to change as people try it out and make suggestions, so I think it would probably be a bad idea to start working on 'serious' projects as soon as the first release comes out.

I think if you continue to work with Monkey/Mojo2, though, the changes needed to port to MX2 will probably be quite minimal, based on what Mark has posted so far.

taumel(Posted 2015) [#3]
Most of the time things take longer than expected, so, even for this initial release i would rather be prepared for something like 2+x months. Secondly this will be an initial release of a V0.1, not a Beta of a V1.0. No idea how long it will take to turn this into a V1.0 then but i'm sure it will take longer than 2 months.

If i'm wrong, which i don't think i am, i wouldn't have a problem with being so this time. :O)

GC-Martijn(Posted 2015) [#4]
I will wait 2 months then ;) because maybe it has all the basic functions that monkey has now.
(I don't need them all haha) and maybe its working at once, if not then I wait for the next update and post the bugs.
Its just a hobby project so I have the time :)

Edit: In the mean time I can create some small functions in monkey1

tiresius(Posted 2015) [#5]
Yeah don't stop and wait it sounds like MX2 will not be too far from MX1 and should be easier to port.

Getting used to Mojo2 could be worth your while as it sounds like that will be the module used for 2D in MX2.