Why BlitzMax rocks

Community Forums/Monkey2 Talk/Why BlitzMax rocks

JoshKlint(Posted 2015) [#1]
Someone asked on our forum about loading a proprietary file format. I posted some loading code, and someone else posted a little loading utility the same day:
http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/12751-using-model-thumbnails/#entry91514

@macklebee - That is just what I needed and it works great! Thank you very much for making that. :)

Now I have some code to learn from and instant gratification from macklebees app!
Thanks again!

It was fun dusting off my copy of blitzmax and playing around with that. even tho it took a couple cups of coffee to remember how to do anything, i remembered how nice it was to use this software.

All the power of C++, and he wrote the application in less time than it would take to set up a new Visual Studio project.

EdzUp(Posted 2015) [#2]
As I have said before if Max was brought up to date and available in 32 and 64 bit varieties then I would still use it, Android and iOS would be a bonus.

All of the uncertainty with BRL languages does put people off, I for one would love to use Max again but at present I'm writing my own simple engine so I can get games out there without too much fuss.

Richard Betson(Posted 2015) [#3]
^MX2 should go along way in touching the hearts and minds of BlitzMax users. I think you can be sure that Mark is aware of what and why some just love and keep using BlitzMax (me included) and that is guiding his development on MX2. I think the translator route is a great way to go and I think Mark already knows and has accepted that MX2's development path will include more BlitzMax-like features. Sticking with Monkey and reshaping it to accomplish this is a good plan and one that will be very successful. The best is yet to come.