Some questions

Community Forums/Monkey2 Talk/Some questions

amando(Posted 2015) [#1]
I am following with a lof of interest about Monkey 2 ( I prefer BMAX 2 ) and since Monkey transcompiles to C++, I wonder if Monkey2 will allow to create DLL to use with other languages as libraries / wrappers)

Adding different types (Uint16, Uint8) will make it easier to import existing C++ code, add some Monkey 2 code and create a final library. I am not interested in the gaming aspect of Monkey but the ability to create C++ with easy of use. Marvellous!!

The more 3rd party libraries we can easily add and with easy of use within Monkey can be a great idea also. There are tons of libraries out there that don't need to be recreated.

The easier the C++ code integration within Monkey will be awesome. Do you have any plans of thought about it when designing Monkey 2?

Nobuyuki(Posted 2015) [#2]
I asked about type primitives in another thread and was pointed to this post: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/post.php?topic=41779&post=469173

The answer at least to the interop capabilities is that yes, it should definitely be easier than monkey1. I'd be curious to know if making a DLL would be possible too, but I don't know if gcc/clang's ABI is totally compatible with msbuild. MSBUILD support in Monkey has been depreciated, as far as I'm aware! Which means that any capabilities to create shared objects will be limited to the compiler's capability.

marksibly(Posted 2015) [#3]
Building dlls with monkey2 should be possible.

Pharmhaus(Posted 2015) [#4]

Building dlls with monkey2 should be possible.

A lifelong dream comes true :')

EdzUp(Posted 2015) [#5]
Things have got much more interesting ;)