Got myself Monkey....

Community Forums/Monkey Talk/Got myself Monkey....

Blitzplotter(Posted 2012) [#1]
Android SDK is installing......

Looking forward to compiling my first Android App, oh and XBox360 game , oh and Ipod program - much fun to be had.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2012) [#2]
bah I need to still wait till March, should have gotten it on the 25th but had to change plans with the kids and it took up extra (my monkey) money lol. kids come first I guess and its only a few weeks.

lol I'm so jealous !

dawlane(Posted 2012) [#3]
@Blitzplotter:Congratulations on joining the simian brigade. What ever you do remember that mobile devices aren't PC or Game Consoles. So don't expect something that you have written for an xbox to work out of the box on a iPhone.
And do use image atlas's so as not to have too may performance hits.
And be aware that there is a gap of silence when looping MP3's so you'll have to find a tool to remove it (there a couple of topics on monkeycoder.co.nz about it) and also be aware that at the moment data loading and saving is done as a string.
Otherwise have fun.

Last edited 2012

Blitzplotter(Posted 2012) [#4]
Thanks for the tips folks, I'm well on my way to compiling my first Android App... I was tempted to get MOnkey before Christmas, but like you Taiphoz - the kids come first!

Blitzplotter(Posted 2012) [#5]
And Huzzzargh, I have my first apk file compiled on my machine and running within an Android emulator - happy dayz!!!!

Wiebo(Posted 2012) [#6]
Nice, welcome to the club :)