My first Venture..

Community Forums/Monkey Talk/My first Venture..

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#1]
I find Myself floating between my main Project just now, which I intend to release on the xbox 360, and the monkey demo which I am playing with to get used to the language and dodgy editor, here are my results so far.

http://www.cruel-gaming.com/play/?

The Scratch app, is a small pixel drawing to, plan to add PHP support for it at some point so that people can load and save drawings to and from a database

The other is a Naught's and Cross's game where you play the AI, I used weighted AI kinda like how a Chess system would pick its moves, so the AI is fairly solid, it can be beaten but I think most games will or should end in a win for it, or a draw.

Oh and he will insult you while you play, he's a mean little guy.

Jesse(Posted 2011) [#2]

I used weighted AI kinda like how a Chess system would pick its moves, so the AI is fairly solid, it can be beaten but I think most games will or should end in a win for it, or a draw.

Not quite. As long as it keeps on starting in that same corner all I had to do is start in the center and use the right bottom corner for the second move and I either tied or won all of the matches. it all depended on wether it chose a corner or a side second move. if it chose a side second move, I won. if chose a corner second move, I tied.

you might want to give it the random option of starting first and/or starting anywhere in the grid.

aside from that both apps look quite nice and polished. good going! :)

Last edited 2011

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#3]
Yeah I had it harder , it used to have higher. Use for corner tiles and fixed positions the downside being it was really hard to beat so I toned the ai back a bit.

And thanks just can't wait to get my hands on the full app.