Windows 7 phone and Xbox ?

Community Forums/Monkey Talk/Windows 7 phone and Xbox ?

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#1]
Has anyone released to either of these devices yet ?

therevills(Posted 2011) [#2]
Raz has released Ninjah on the XBox360:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Ninjah/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258550958

Dabhand(Posted 2011) [#3]
I was talking to James Mintram in the chatroom at IC who has released for windows 7 phone and apparently its not all its cracked up to be.

Which is a shame.

Dabz

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#4]
what do you mean by that , care to expand, I'm asking because I am desperate to dev for mobile, and trying to save for a mac, but if Windows 7 phone is viable I have one now I can work on which would save me money I dont really have to spend on a mac.

Xaron(Posted 2011) [#5]
I'm going to release a game next week for Windows 7 phone, Android and iOS and will share all stats then. I'm curious how the download rates will differ on the platforms.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#6]
thats a shame I flicked on my sons 360 to try that ninja game out but I cant seem to find it, when I try downloading from the market website it says need to be an adult.

I upgraded his account and its still neither visible or able to download from the 360 site, any ideas ??

@ Xaron I am very VERY interested in how it goes on the windows 7 , since its looking like thats gona have to be the platform I work on until I can afford a mac.

Xaron(Posted 2011) [#7]
I'll post everything about that, Yavin. I'll create a page especially for that posting all stats compared to Android and iPhone. I will have a free (lite) version with Admob and a paid version with more features and without Admob. I will share all sells and Admob income as well.

What really amazes me about the Windows platform:

- almost every game seems to cost 2,99 or 4,99. Only very view cost 0,99
- the platform itself is surprisingly fast and stable

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#8]
I thought the same thing, looking through the market on ours there is even apps from the same people that costs like 10* what they do on the iPhone, the Geocaching app is like 7 quid on W7 and only 3 or summit on iPhone, dont recall exact numbers but there is a clear trend.

It crossed my mind the other day that as long as there is no monetery reason other than profit for not selling at 99p then selling at 99p could generate more sales from the people who feel W7 prices are to high.

Its that thought that is swinging me around to ignoring iphone until i have money to buy a mac instead of saving for a mac first.

As for the stats, cant wait, what I am really interested in as well if your game for post it on your blog or here, is a walkthrough from sitting with finished monkey code, to getting it onto a mobile platform, step by step .

Dont have monkey yet, or any of the developer licences so kinda hard to find out that stuff and i really want to make it all clear in my head so that when the time comes i wont have to fumble around like a headless chicken, i will know what to do.

anyway. need to finish the house work lol.

Xaron(Posted 2011) [#9]
I will post the steps to do as well. I know what to do for Android but yet have to read what to do for iOS and Windows 7 even though I already tested it on all devices...

It's really almost finished, and will be released next week, so stay tuned. :D

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#10]
I really cant wait, only downside is that my wife is gona make me take her Win7Phone full time and force me to give her my iPhone lol.

looking forward to your postings m8.

Matthew Smith(Posted 2011) [#11]
Nothing wrong with a Windows Phone - great actually!

Dabhand(Posted 2011) [#12]

what do you mean by that , care to expand

Well, it seems the sales are'nt there, he was disappointed... Though, only he can really divulge all the details, maybe try to email him, he's a member of this forum and did a port of Greys Spring Bonus:-

http://www.mintratech.com/

Dabz

Xaron(Posted 2011) [#13]
I really cant wait, only downside is that my wife is gona make me take her Win7Phone full time and force me to give her my iPhone lol.

HA! Same situation here. LOL

Xaron(Posted 2011) [#14]
Ok, so let's get started! I'll put the game in the app stores this week...

http://blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=96389