Monk Question

Community Forums/Monkey Talk/Monk Question

QuickSilva(Posted 2011) [#1]
Sorry for posting yet another IDE related question but I have just seen in another thread someone mention that the standard IDE auto corrects the case of your variables upon running your program.

Regarding monkey, the IDE automatically puts monkey's commands into the right upper/lower case shape. So, as soon as you save&compile via the IDE it's updated automatically for you.

Has this feature been added since the demo version as it doesn`t happen here and would certainly help a great deal.

Jason.

Last edited 2011

GfK(Posted 2011) [#2]
Has this feature been added since the demo version as it doesn`t happen here.
Doesn't happen here either (Monkey v44).

[edit] It *does* work for monkey stuff, bot nothing from Mojo gets highlighted/case corrected. A bit worrying since that's where most of the useful stuff is.

Last edited 2011

Dabhand(Posted 2011) [#3]
http://www.indiecodez.com/forum/index.php/topic,190.msg5264.html#msg5264

Get rid of Monk, it's poop... Matt posted these not long ago!

Dabz

Last edited 2011

QuickSilva(Posted 2011) [#4]
Thanks Dabhand, I`ll have a look. The thing that puts me off is if these editors will have to keep being updated to support Monkey every time a new version is released.

Jason.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#5]
If int "this editors" you're including Jungle Ide, I would say that you can be safe, Jungle reads the language modules to build its own highlighting system, so a new module is added, don't worry, Jungle will highlight it properly and provide case correction for it too, obviously, only when you're actually using it in your code.