CD Monkey backup worth getting

Community Forums/Monkey Talk/CD Monkey backup worth getting

QuickSilva(Posted 2011) [#1]
Has anyone taken up the offer of the backup CD when purchasing Monkey Pro? Is it worth getting?

For those that have, is it a proper printed\cased CD or just a quick blank CD job that I can do myself? I always like to have a hard copy but if it is only a cheap job then I may as well just do my own.

Thanks for reading,

Jason.

GfK(Posted 2011) [#2]
I'd imagine it will just be a bog-standard ShareIt CD - nothing fancy.

Burn your own if you insist on having one but realistically, you can download it any number of times from the site anyway.

Jesse(Posted 2011) [#3]
I wonder how that work. Do Mark make new CDs every time he updates or does does the cd just include the earliest versions?
Because if it's the latter than it's useless at this point.

Pete Carter(Posted 2011) [#4]
As the download link when you buy monkey gives you the first release not the new version, I would have though the CD would be an old version too. So yes pointless.

therevills(Posted 2011) [#5]
I would have though the CD would be an old version too. So yes pointless

This.

I believe the CD backup thing is done by ShareIt... BTW Mark really should update the ShareIt version and the demo.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#6]
Yes, the backup option is handled by Share-it (I did use Share-it too for earlier versions of BLIde)

QuickSilva(Posted 2011) [#7]
OK, thanks. If the backup is simply done by Share-It I will not bother.

I guess I would really like to have a full boxed copy like Blitz 3D had but these days most things are download only.

Jason.