Html5 target saving data ?

Community Forums/Monkey Talk/Html5 target saving data ?

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#1]
quick question, if I write some code to save data to a file, like an ini file or plain text file, will it save to the web server or will it save to the local client.

also anyone worked out if it can handle sql calls and reading or sending data to and from a database?

I suspect that a PHP interface would be needed tho thought I would ask.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#2]
Actually looking at the demo I dont see any openfile or openstream type commands.

are there any ?

therevills(Posted 2011) [#3]
Have a look at LoadState and SaveState.

This is from V34 update:

LoadState/SaveState now only use cookies on FF and IE for 'file://' document.URLs.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#4]
not really what I was looking for, I guess its still early days they have more to add to it.

Galaxy613(Posted 2011) [#5]
The answer is that there IS no save/loading functions of any kind besides the functions therevills quoted. Currently there is no internet/connection API for Monkey/Mojo to connect to any sort of database or server because Mark is focusing on the Mojo library, which by definition it's functionality must work on every single platform Monkey supports as Mojo is the flagship library for Monkey.

Perhaps later, but indeed, Monkey/Mojo is very very very young.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#6]
Yeah. Glad I don't have the money to buy it just now I soul just get annoyed with it. Gona get it in a few months fir my birthday with a bit of luck it will have some more meat on it's little bones.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#7]
Perhaps later, but indeed, Monkey/Mojo is very very very young.
I would add that Monkey is also very very open and easy to add commands to it, so if you find something is missing, you can take the time to implement it. I'm not saying you have to, but it's quite possible to extend the language.

semar(Posted 2011) [#8]
Monkey is also very very open and easy to add commands to it, so if you find something is missing, you can take the time to implement it

@Ziggy, yes that's true, but what if I want to extend the language for all the targets ? I would need to know the language of each target..

Last edited 2011

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2011) [#9]
Local Storage on HTML5 : http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=275

HTTP Access for HTML5 : http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=137

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#10]
I would need to know the language of each target.

Well, depending on what you're after, I would consider to build a Monkey interface, a sort of "driver" and just the final implementation details in the targets where you want your technology to be supported. Obviously if you're going to create something that's not supported in Monkey, you'll have to deal with platform specific APIs at some point.