Monkey web view

Community Forums/Monkey Talk/Monkey web view

Leon Brown(Posted 2011) [#1]
Are there any plans for a feature within Monkey to enable a website to be viewed from within a Monkey app? This would allow me to use Monkey for a project I'll be working on that requires integration with a website.

sknightly(Posted 2011) [#2]
Are there any plans for a feature within Monkey to enable a particle accelerator to be viewed from within a Monkey app? This would allow me to use for a project I'll be working on that requires integration with the Large Hadron Collider. Thx. :-)

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#3]
Mark just posted that there wont be any major changes to monkey for at least a year, over at monkeycoder

sknightly-sarcastic git!

sknightly(Posted 2011) [#4]
@slenkar, I think Mark is referring to no major changes to the core language, but there's nothing stopping someone from developing custom modules and extending it.

skidracer(Posted 2011) [#5]
Monkey got pretty comprehensive support for programming the DOM in version 33 including full access to HTML5 canvas and WebGL extensions.

D4NM4N(Posted 2011) [#6]
Unfortunately not as far as i can tell the entire android/ios APIs are not wrapped at all. This pretty much means it is not mature enough for writing full-on "apps" (at least where professional app development turnaround is required) -like you can with other translation frameworks and of course native code.. unless they are games.
..but of course that is the main point in monkey and i suspect it will excel at that. But at the moment it is no good for writing app-apps.
Would be nice though.

Last edited 2011

D4NM4N(Posted 2011) [#7]
Unfortunately not as far as i can tell the entire android/ios APIs are not wrapped at all. This pretty much means it is not mature enough for writing full-on "apps" (at least where professional app development turnaround is required) -like you can with other translation frameworks and of course native code.. unless they are games.
..but of course that is the main point in monkey and i suspect it will excel at that. But at the moment it is no good for writing app-apps.
Would be nice though.

Last edited 2011