Playniax framework coming to Monkey soon...

Community Forums/Monkey Talk/Playniax framework coming to Monkey soon...

Playniax(Posted 2011) [#1]
Read all about it here

Most of the descibed features for version 1.0 are done and we are working on the docs and examples as we speak.

Ignition for Monkey is the first step of our plan to port Defenstar
to Monkey!

More info soon...

Snader(Posted 2011) [#2]
Do I have to purchase it again for Monkey or does it come together with the blitz version?

Playniax(Posted 2011) [#3]
We have not made any decision on that. We will get back on it.

CGV(Posted 2011) [#4]
To ask the inverse of Snade's question,

Will we be able to buy the Monkey framework without buying the main framework?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#5]
For person who bought Blitz Max of Playniax framework should get discount of buying Blitz Monkey of Playniax framework :)

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2011) [#6]
Groovy man, glad to hear things are moving right along.

Playniax(Posted 2011) [#7]
@Hotshots2005: I agree, persons who bought the Blitz Max version should atleast get a discount :) I'm sure we can work something out ;)

@ImaginaryHuman: Thanks but eh, leave Unity for us! Come back and have a banana :)

Dabhand(Posted 2011) [#8]
I'll probably be looking for a decent framework, I generally tend to write my own guff for different languages, but, I'm getting a bit tired of going through the same old loops for each specific language.

Dabz

Playniax(Posted 2011) [#9]
Actually it's also why I write the frameworks. To have less work at the end. In theory anyway:)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2011) [#10]
..this is good news..Ill be looking for this

Why0Why(Posted 2011) [#11]
I am quite interested in this.

amando(Posted 2011) [#12]
Does your framework allows isometric tiles? Now that are becomming so popular again?

Playniax(Posted 2011) [#13]
Are they so popular? :)

If so eventually... Maybe.

It should not be to hard to implement.

amando(Posted 2011) [#14]
I woud buy it if it's supported. My project is an Iso game, and I am sure will be very popular ! :)

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#15]
Hi,

The time has come to work towards a first release of our framework. I am behind on schedule but I think it’s worth the wait. It has been a difficult process. Writing, rewriting, testing and testing. In the next couple of weeks you will see some more activity from us. A first draft of the docs will be published somewhere next week followed by a new website. In the meantime have a look at the extra demo’s. I have put 1 source code example with the GPI template for you to have a look at. Also have a look at the collision demo. Accuracy is 4 x 4. The framework can do 1 x 1 but performance wise I have no idea how that turns out.

Note that some demo's show some flaws because they are not all finished a 100% yet. They need some final tweaking.

Have a look at the Demo page.

Demos are HTML5.

Results may vary based on your hardware and browser.

More information about the framework.

Cheers!

Last edited 2012