FTP with Monkey

Community Forums/Monkey Talk/FTP with Monkey

ThePict(Posted 2011) [#1]
I've been writing a multi-platform game recently. A game that you can play at work on a PC, then pick up where you left off using an app on your mobile device on the commute home, and carry on playing an your home PC/Xbox/Wii. To do this I've got all the game data stored in files on my website, each device's app downloads and uploads these files back to the server using FTP.
I'm very interested in Monkey, with it's capabilities to write apps for many platforms, but need to know if (or when) it is capable of FTP functions (or similar).

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#2]
i think you can use indiepaths http request module to send requests to php scripts
the php scripts can put data into an sql database on your webserver and they can tell you what is in the database

I think his module is only flash and html5 so far, dont know when it will work for iOS,desktop or android

ThePict(Posted 2011) [#3]
i'm not very up to speed with php, sql and so on. I'll continue production of my game as a PC only just now. If it proves popular it may be worth taking in other app writers to develop for other platforms.
Thanks for info though, I bought BMax a while ago and have never really got going with it - I'm an old-school Basic guy - so i don't think I'm ready for Monkey yet.
It does look incredibly cool though, well done!