How to run a Monkey app as a localhost app ?

Community Forums/Monkey Talk/How to run a Monkey app as a localhost app ?

semar(Posted 2011) [#1]
All,
I'm currently playing with Monkey, Ajax and XAMPP, only HTML5 apps. So far I can use Ajax calls in my Monkey code, and it works, but only if I run the app inside my XAMPP domain.

If I run the monkey app from within the Monkey IDE, any HTTP request won't work, because the app should be ran inside the browser, with an URL like localhost://monkey/myMonkeyAjax.html instead the default one file:///C:/monkey/MonkeyAjax/myMonkeyAjax.html.

Is there any way to instruct the IDE, to 'run' the app like an HTTP address instead of a file:/// address ?

Hope you get what I mean :)

Regards,
Sergio.
P.S. could you please move this message to the more appropriate Monkey Discussion forum ?

Last edited 2011

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2011) [#2]
Yeah this would be nice. Personally I just keep the browser window open on the correct file and hit "Compile" and not "Compile and Run".

semar(Posted 2011) [#3]
This is a nice tip, thanks !

Sergio.

Jaydubeww(Posted 2011) [#4]
IDE Options -> Internal HTTP Server located on localhost:8080

semar(Posted 2011) [#5]
Yeah I've noticed that, John, but it does not do what I need, I mean, the IDE calls the browser with a local file:///... instead of localhost://... even with that option set.

Or am I missing something obvious ?

Sergio.

D4NM4N(Posted 2011) [#6]
localhost://monkey/myMonkeyAjax.html

you mean :
http://locahost:port/monkey/myMonkeyAjax.html
(change "port" to your site's port. leaving :port out will take the default)

If your problem is that LH is not being resolved at all make sure you have the line:
127.0.0.1 localhost
in your hosts file (its either in system32 or system32/drivers)
You should not need it, but sometimes you do.

Last edited 2011

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2011) [#7]
I need to be able to specify a hostname and path within each project - I wonder if this would be possible at some point?