Monkey - Mobile phone features

Community Forums/Monkey Talk/Monkey - Mobile phone features

EOF(Posted 2011) [#1]
Yep, another 'Monkey' thread!

This one focuses purely on Mobile phone implementation and how nicely Monkey plays with the O/S. Some of these I consider 'must have' features due to how mobile phones are used

1. There needs to be an OnPause() event, at least in Android world. This happens when the home button is pressed or a call is received. As such it is better to suspend the accelerometer and timer (to conserve battery life). Also its a good opportunity to use game save states
Equally, OnResume() can be used to re-enable the accelerometer, timer, and load game state

2. What happens if I rotate the phone? Does it destroy the display? Do DeviceWidth and DeviceHeight get updated?

3. Pressing the back button should ideally call and OnDestroy() function so the developer can act accordingly

4. Can the menu button be supported?

5. Does installing a new version of an app overwrite the persistent data previously stored?

Please make a sample demo available with touch support and sound output. I am concerned to read a user is getting no sound on their (Galaxy S) device

Last edited 2011

Xaron(Posted 2011) [#2]
Hey Jim, I second that and copied it to the official forum if you don't mind. Might get more attention there...

http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=130

EOF(Posted 2011) [#3]
Appreciated. Thanks