Santa's Christmas Solitaire TP (TriPeaks) Edition

Community Forums/Monkey Talk/Santa's Christmas Solitaire TP (TriPeaks) Edition

therevills(Posted 2016) [#1]
Christmas is nearly upon us!!!

And we've released our latest Android game written in Monkey-X and using the Diddy framework:

Santa's Christmas Solitaire TriPeaks:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.therevillsgames.scstripeaks&hl=en

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#2]
Looking great!

Matty(Posted 2016) [#3]
How do you get 500 downloads in the first two weeks.....I'd love to know?

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#4]
I would have thought that is obvious. it looks gorgeous. there is attention to detail at the tiniest level. with one pic you can see the author cares about the experience with everything just right.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#5]
Also it is christmas themes - during the christmas season ;-)

@ screenshot
The score/level text and the top right icons (with the round-button background) and the "1 undo" symbol have a text which looks like "drawn on top" instead of being "drawn in".

It uses the same font than on the game cards but with a different "anti-aliasing" (the cards are surely done in Photoshop or so - while the "drawtext" ones use the anti-alias of the engine/gpu).

You might consider having these texts as bitmapfont - of course this wont work if you localize content into languages with chars not present in the "ascii table" (else you need to prepare a 65k+ spriteset ;-)).

@ Icons
the "settings icon" has less contrast than the "shopping cart". The "undo arrow" looks differently styled (3d versus 2d effect) compared to rest.

@ colors
I already wrote that last time: they look a bit too vibrant here on my screen, when judging from the screenshot the background "distracts" a bit.
Maybe think of an option to "desaturate" the background (or "dim"). Can assume it lowers the stress on the eyes.

Beside of that: it looks good, so do not worry about my nitpicking here.

bye
Ron

therevills(Posted 2016) [#6]
I'd love to know?

Yeah, me too! :)

My guess is:
1. Its solitaire, the name includes solitaire so it should be easy to stumble upon it
2. Its a Christmas themed game at Christmas
3. I've got a desktop version out which is doing pretty well, so people "may" be searching for a mobile version

it looks gorgeous

Thanks Adam :)

my nitpicking here.

Ron, keep nitpicking! Its great to hear feedback, positive or negative!

It uses the same font than on the game cards but with a different "anti-aliasing"

Yeah, one of the reasons is that I enlarged the cards to big larger which of coursed increased the baked in font.

@ Icons

The shopping cart was quickly done be a non-artist (me!)

Thanks for the comments :)