Oberon: new ui

Community Forums/Monkey Talk/Oberon: new ui

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#1]
If anyone has been following my not (very happy) steps with monkey2 and mojox, you will be aware that I came to the decision that I need to write a guy that answered some fundamental issues I had.

This has now got to the stage where something can be shown:
Here it is showing a grid based ui

and another with image controls:

grid based ui's always remain locked to the grid however the main window is scaled, so they always remain in tune with each other

Further to this is the ability to resize and move grid based controls - the first step in a proper UI designer:

Next up is taking the controls and not using a grid but direct pixel sizes. The ui will still flow, but locations and sizes are given to the layout engine and it does the rest:

In the above shot you can see 8 controls that have added to a page. the numbers denote when they are added to the page, so you can get a feel for how the layout manager operates.

Pakz(Posted 2016) [#2]
Looks good.

I like the fact that with monkey 2 you can copy from and to the clipboard. I hope this also wil become possible with images.

I want to work on a image/pixel editor myself. Monkey 2 seems more suitable then mx1. For the moment i wil use blitzplus to test out things.

It has been more then 15 years ago that i made my own gui in blitz2d. Scrolling allignent and items is a bugger.

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#3]
Cool stuff!

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#4]
The general core concept stuff is now complete - events layout manager all functioning correctly.

I've just converted my paint palettes control over to it (didn't take too long as the front-end code is virtually the same):

This does not use the grid layout but a pixel layout that scales (they are both directly integrated into the layout manager)
The paint control was rebuilt to allow much higher control over stuff like brush scale and rotation - no longer using the old canvas matrix system. It now allow very subtle brush effects

I'm just converting my image viewer to this also:

I don't think it need much explanation apart from it 'just' works without doing odd things with the layout.

The interesting thing is making new controls is really simple as I've done all the nasty stuff.

The first image (in the first post) shows the same controls as used in the two examples above. They are just using different inputs