A little game I cooked up last week:

HTML5 Version:
http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=8688&app_id=319

Android Version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.therevillsgames.dttz

Let me know what you think?

degac(Posted 2014) [#2]
The Monkey's forum gets an error when posting, so I report here
There is a typo error in Instructions 'Dont' tap the ZOMIBES'... should be Dont' tap the ZOMBIES'
Simple game, but nice (played only on html5)

edit: played on my phone. Funny! (in survival mode)

I would like to see zombies a little bit animated... or reacting when you click on a 'footstep tile' just to have some more feedback from the game!
In any case good work.

therevills(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thanks for playing :)

I'll fix up the typo in the next release.

The zombies are "walking", what kind of animation/reaction are you thinking about?

degac(Posted 2014) [#4]
Yes the are walking but I mean something more dynamic when you are near them like moving arms open mouth to bite and so on. Just to put more variety

josk(Posted 2014) [#5]
Nice little game.

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#6]
Surprisingly challenging.

degac(Posted 2014) [#7]
Check the credit section too... There are typo errors even there

therevills(Posted 2014) [#8]
Released a new version, fixed the typos and added leaderboard support.

Matty(Posted 2014) [#9]
My phone is a samsung galaxy s4 with 1920x1080 resolution but the html5 version says my screen is too small...what are you expecting? Ultra resolution? Ha ha.

therevills(Posted 2014) [#10]
what are you expecting? Ultra resolution? Ha ha.

LOL! WTF! Can you normally go to the apps section on the MonkeyX site?

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#11]
Adroid version:

25: 5.871 seconds
50: 12.622 seconds

survival fast: 30.200 seconds

(I must say, the highscore trying to connect to google play with a google+ account is annoying: Since I don't have nor want one, I have to hit 'back' half a dozen times to cancel out of it each time after a level ends)

therevills(Posted 2014) [#12]
Good times Xlsior!

(I must say, the highscore trying to connect to google play with a google+ account is annoying: Since I don't have nor want one, I have to hit 'back' half a dozen times to cancel out of it each time after a level ends)

That's strange... the game tries to connect to Google+ at the start of the game and only if you hit the "Sign In" button in the options, at the end of each level it checks to see if you are signed in and then submits the score, when I tested without logging in it didnt try to connect when submitting a score... I'll look into that - Thanks!

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#13]
Good times Xlsior!

Using touchscreen in androuid is definitely easier than using the mouse in HTML5 -- Hard to keep the mouse accurate at the fast pace it throws at you, and you don't really have time to correct if you over/under shoot your target.

Why0Why(Posted 2014) [#14]
Steve, this is fun but there are a couple of things to look at. I have a Note 3 and I was on wifi. Google Play connection is not working properly. I hit instructions and then it said connecting and just sat there. When I hit the back button it asked me which account to login to and then it just spun its wheels when I clicked OK. It did finally login after a bunch of backs and forths.

Also on the main screen, the back button doesn't exit the program.

I enjoyed playing it.

therevills(Posted 2014) [#15]
Google Play connection is not working properly

I'll look over the code, the game code only tries to connect to Google Play on startup and in the options via the Sign In button, but it does this via a thread...

Also on the main screen, the back button doesn't exit the program.

I can add that... I thought it was the "norm" now that apps don't exit.

Thanks for the feedback :)

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#16]
I can add that... I thought it was the "norm" now that apps don't exit.

Holding your audience hostage is rarely a good thing.

therevills(Posted 2014) [#17]
Holding your audience hostage is rarely a good thing.

It works for Apple (in iOS you cant "exit" from an app) ;)

Why0Why(Posted 2014) [#18]
I noticed Hack, Slash, Loot doesn't exit either from the main screen. I use Monkey but haven't programmed android, must have to catch it by hand.

therevills(Posted 2014) [#19]
I use Monkey but haven't programmed android, must have to catch it by hand.

Yes you do and its easy to do - you can either use KEY_ESCAPE or KEY_BACK. I'll add it on the weekend :)

therevills(Posted 2014) [#20]
Uploaded a new version - hopefully it fixes some of the leaderboard issues.